R6 Message Net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 03 yzf r6 and I’m learning how to wheelie on it. I’m starting in first, I squeeze in the clutch burp it and shift to second. It was working all day and getting the front up but now it’s not doing anything just Reving and taking off but no wheelie. I’m wondering if I was doing it wrong from the start or if I messed up something in my bike. If you could help I’d appreciate it. Thank u

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I have an 03 yzf r6 and I’m learning how to wheelie on it. I’m starting in first, I squeeze in the clutch burp it and shift to second. It was working all day and getting the front up but now it’s not doing anything just Reving and taking off but no wheelie. I’m wondering if I was doing it wrong from the start or if I messed up something in my bike. If you could help I’d appreciate it. Thank u
I have a friend who used to do that... start in first and clutch it up, then quickly shift to second. I doubt that you've burned up your clutch, but given that it's an 03 (and not sure of its past history) it could be on borrowed time. For all the years he had his bike, never had an issue. Do some basic maintenance with adjusting the clutch cable/lubing it... then reevaluate.

For learning, that's a lot of things to coordinate at the same time. Personally, I learned 2nd gear stand ups first. I'd clutch them up. By the time I went to learning sit downs, it came easier to get up closer to the balance point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts