R6 Message Net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a '07 R6,, with a slipping clutch,, I put new clutch plates, friction discs and springs(the old friction plates were smoked),, I still have NO clutch, I can let it out all the way and the bike sits still, tries to grab, bnutr thats it,, someone help PLEASE!

Waryerryde

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
is the cable adjusted properly, with about 1/4" of free play in the lever? If you have all free play with no lever action you have the splines line up wrong when you put the cover on. This will take some time, and dont drop the dowel pin that lines up the cover into the oil pan.. yes, been there. The pressure actuating dowel in the middle is VERY difficult to line up as well, and will not want to stay in place. We go down through the oil fill cap area with a magnet on a stick thing to lift it into place when putting the cover on.

Also, there is 1 metal plate that is different size than the rest. Also..how did your clutch basket and pressure plate look? not just friction/metal plates, but the basket and pressure plate could be toast too but not likely unless the bike was just totally abused. I have gone through 4-5 sets of plates with no visible damage to the basket/pp.

YOur problem however does not sound like what I gave advice for however. Most of what i described (unless you have no play in the lever), would prevent you from DISengaging the clutch. Yours slips no matter what and you may be missing a plate or 2. Pull up a microfich from ronayers.com or riva yamaha and count them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts