R6 Message Net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i baught a 2000 r6 this last january and have done 2 oil changes. first one went fine and i use regular motorcycle oil, but the bike ran hotter. so i thought that the guy i baught it from ran synthetic. so 2 weeks ago i told a local motorsports shop what i did and they said go back to synthetic as soon as possible. so i went home and changed it to synthetic, but now my bike has an inconsistant clicking until it warms past 175 degrees. so i have no idea what to do. any help would be great.

·
www.frontiercycle.com
165 Posts
i baught a 2000 r6 this last january and have done 2 oil changes. first one went fine and i use regular motorcycle oil, but the bike ran hotter. so i thought that the guy i baught it from ran synthetic. so 2 weeks ago i told a local motorsports shop what i did and they said go back to synthetic as soon as possible. so i went home and changed it to synthetic, but now my bike has an inconsistant clicking until it warms past 175 degrees. so i have no idea what to do. any help would be great.
sounds to me like the yamaha tick. does it normally do this between 2000 and 5000 rpm then stop?

and yes people, I know this is an old thread

1 - 3 of 3 Posts