R6 Message Net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the unit working, but the blink rate is much higher than I want. Was supplied with 2 resistors, but dont know where to install them, tried in series with the signal connectors but nothing has changed. Anyone know which wires to connect the resistor to?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Throw them both away. They get way too hot anyways. Go to Pep Boys and pick up a new relay (EL-12) and replace your stock relay. It's located under your seat if you didn't know. It doesn't fit exactly on, but with a bit of wire and a little imagination I'm sure you can make it work.

·
Registered
62 Posts
too hot?... i used the supplyd resistors- i wrapped them in electrical tape, and zipt tied on top of the empty plastic part of the undertray thingy.
btw- the resistor goes between the blinker wire and the ground wire. one for each blinker. it basically allows some of the voltage to bypass the bulb, slowing the blink rate.
i'm hoping the resistors arent melting anyhting... havnt had my seat off in a while.

·
He be beastin
1,458 Posts
Im having a problem with the blinker light on my tach. When I press right the light blinks low and when i press left the light dont blink at all. The actual blinker work thought with no problem. What should I do cause I would like to know when my blinkers are on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
josh18_2k said:
too hot?... i used the supplyd resistors- i wrapped them in electrical tape, and zipt tied on top of the empty plastic part of the undertray thingy.
btw- the resistor goes between the blinker wire and the ground wire. one for each blinker. it basically allows some of the voltage to bypass the bulb, slowing the blink rate.
i'm hoping the resistors arent melting anyhting... havnt had my seat off in a while.
Exactly what I did, no problems with heat here. I think that little bit of wiring might intimidate some people lol. I love how internet rumors spread. I could understand if you were wiring it inline with a running light, but for god sakes it is a blinking light that is on only at stops. Even still, don't mount it near anything that can't get hot and you are good to go. Think of how much hotter various other parts of the bike get and how close they are to plastic/paint. Just be logical.

·
..I should be working..
429 Posts
The amount of time that blinker is going to be on anit gonna melt anything. Just find a nice spot to place them, electrical tape and zip tie them in place.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The resistors getting hot is not a rumor! If they get hot enough to melt anything, I didn't waste my time checking. But they were hot enough to burn my fingers when on for only ten seconds. Do as you want.

·
Resident A-Hole
2,459 Posts
im not sure where everyone else lives, but the traffic lights around here can take over a minute to run through a cycle. try running a signal for 60 seconds while holding the resistor in your hands. then tell me its not gunna get hot.

·
Registered
143 Posts
ski6 said:
The resistors getting hot is not a rumor! If they get hot enough to melt anything, I didn't waste my time checking. But they were hot enough to burn my fingers when on for only ten seconds. Do as you want.
My internet rumors comment was more to poke fun of the people who do the whole:

"I have no first hand experience with this, but I read on the internet that..."

Yes they will get hot if left under a load for a long time, but on my 05 there was a place with the tail section off that I zip tied them where they were not touching paint or plastic, not even really close. Think about how hot the exhaust headers get at stop lights and how close they run to plastic on the bike.

We can put it this way- I have had my integrator for about 1000 miles now with no problems thus far.

·
Resident A-Hole
2,459 Posts
my right side lower plastic started turning brown around where the mid pipe passes by it. :(

·
Registered
868 Posts
ummmm blinkers do just that they blink... when they are off they should cool back down and then heat up then cool down... shouldnt get that damn hot to worry about... if you are worried about it get some of foil insulation like on the inside of the fairings next to the exhaust pipe... (or the metallic dynamat used in car audio should do the same thing)... or better yet just let it blink faster... draws more attention anyway... thumbs up in my book!

·
She actually bought it!
1,301 Posts
They're 1/2 watt right? That'll get hot but I doubt hot enough to damage anything. Just get a new flasher relay, it's a better method.

I thought I posted in here :umm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts