R6 Message Net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here every ridden a big V-twin chopper before? I'm just curious as to why these bikes have become so popular recently...i'm sure the have great power, but i don't see how you could really have fun just cruising around straight up and down all day.

·
Givin you the business
1,624 Posts
It's all Hooli's fault.

And I don't even think they're that powerful cause they're so heavy, right?

·
Resident A-Hole
2,459 Posts
they are loud, they rumble and they have lots of shiny parts. perfect for the old man.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's a different kind of ride. I've ridden quite a few choppers from the bone stock Harley all the way to a 100K West Coast Chopper built by Jessie James himself. It's not the rush of dragging a knee or any of that shit, but just a calming, relaxing ride. I dunno....different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
i've ridden a couple of them. a guy i used to work with designs and builds them. there cool but not my cup of tea ... hell, i don't even like tea.

·
Registered
202 Posts
There's nothing relaxing about a hardtail, I can tell you that :sick But I get stupid at the track enough, so I do enjoy the occasional cruise on a big V-twin.

-R.

·
Registered
357 Posts
i think its just the design factor of them that has people liking them. so many tv shows showing them being built from scrap has got people interested. the paint, the metal design, wheel design, and chrome out the ass. i think they would be difficult to ride but, hey, thats me. i like looking at them and thats about it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
ClemsonsR6 said:
It's a different kind of ride. I've ridden quite a few choppers from the bone stock Harley all the way to a 100K West Coast Chopper built by Jessie James himself. It's not the rush of dragging a knee or any of that shit, but just a calming, relaxing ride. I dunno....different strokes for different folks.

good post:thumbup ........... i personally like them alot!!

they just are big time money, but some day i will have one!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
this is why choppers are bad ass

·
Albert Hoffman
767 Posts
Here's some pics of my dad's ride. It will be at the World of Wheels this year at the Bayside Expo Center in Boston.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts