R6 Message Net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, i need help in checking my coolant level. I have 2008 Yamaha R6 (not R6S). Is there any other way to check my coolant level without taking the fairing off ? if yes, can you please tell me how to do it ? and if not, is there any guide on how to take off my farings ? thank you !!! im still a noob, still trying to learn how to fix bike on my own. thank you. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Guys, i need help in checking my coolant level. I have 2008 Yamaha R6 (not R6S). Is there any other way to check my coolant level without taking the fairing off ? if yes, can you please tell me how to do it ? and if not, is there any guide on how to take off my farings ? thank you !!! im still a noob, still trying to learn how to fix bike on my own. thank you. :)
you should be able to get to it by taking off the ram air cover
on the right side of the bike (under the throttle side clip-on) ..
you'll need a 4.5mm allen (it's in the tool-kit you got with the bike) ..

·
Registered
99 Posts
It is real difficult to explain to someone how to remove the fairings... just remove all the screws and those plastic pop-fasteners or whatever they are and you will see the fairing comes loose and off. Just becareful at the front because it needs to slide forward to unlock at the front so do not just try to pry it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts