R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a integrator for the tail lights ('03+) cheaper than the $80-90 versions? i'm not concerned about it being an LED version, i just want to be able to integrate the turn signals into the tail lights.

·
Registered
143 Posts
whorepedo said:
anyone know of a integrator for the tail lights ('03+) cheaper than the $80-90 versions? i'm not concerned about it being an LED version, i just want to be able to integrate the turn signals into the tail lights.
You can find a few on ebay, but why don't you want to stick with LEDs? I think the Clear Alternatives integrator was the best appearance mod I have done to my bike so far.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just want one to function with the stock tail lights. the stock lights arent LED's, are they?

i'm not worried about the look of the lights, so buying a $100 conversion just isnt worth it to me.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Your probably not going to find one...might as well make it yourself.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i was thinking!

ive got an engineer friend thats willing to crunch all the numbers and i was going to offer them up for the R6 board, but someone told me that they are on ebay all the time for like $15. i knew i had never seen them so i was wondering if anyone else has.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The stock tail light for 03-05's is indeed LED's. You could crack it open, replace the circuit board with one of your own design. Thats basically what the first integrators were. I suppose you could go about it without using LED's. Just drill some holes through the circuit board, put some bulb sockets and use some amber bulbs. The amber bulbs would be visible through the tail light lense when not illuminated though.

·
Resident A-Hole
2,459 Posts
stabber said:
I opened my stock light and glued 2 amber 4 pod led's in the center of the board and it works good.
pics plz?

·
She actually bought it!
1,301 Posts
i think someone did the same thing on 600rr.net just added some yellow leds to each side...

·
Registered
541 Posts
I can take pics but I dont know how good you would be able to see the lights in the lens. Once you open the lens there is you would be able to see where the light would go. I'll take the pics tommorow.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, i ordered the LED's yesterday and took the tail section apart last night. i then spent the next hour fiddling with the light assembly with absolutely ZERO progress. how do you get that thing open without breaking it?!?!?

·
Registered
541 Posts
whorepedo said:
ok, i ordered the LED's yesterday and took the tail section apart last night. i then spent the next hour fiddling with the light assembly with absolutely ZERO progress. how do you get that thing open without breaking it?!?!?
A dremel would probably be the easiest way if you have one. I dont have one so I used a small saw and cut in the grove where the clear lens meets the black back . Work your way around the lens cutting in pretty deep and use a wide screwdriver it the grove and twist. Just take your time or you might crack the lens.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok.

anybody know where i can get a spare tail light assembly for when i break this one??

·
Registered
541 Posts
whorepedo said:
ok.

anybody know where i can get a spare tail light assembly for when i break this one??
Just take your time and you wont break it. You will hear it start to crack loose when you pry on it with the screwdriver:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, got the lens open, but im not seeing how the LED's are going to mount up. i see the two open spots, but how did you run the wires?

·
Registered
541 Posts
whorepedo said:
ok, got the lens open, but im not seeing how the LED's are going to mount up. i see the two open spots, but how did you run the wires?
I took out the 2 screws on the LED board and drilled that hole out and ran the wires through it. The wires come out of the middle of the LED's you bought so when you pull the wire through that hole it works perfect. You glue the little lights to the square factory led's and it wont block the factory lights.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts