R6 Message Net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
I hate to say it, but I don't think there's much of a market around here for 50's. I would love to ride one someday though, looks like a lot of fun. Good luck selling her. :thumbup

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm inclined to agree, moto, and thanks for the well wish. You never know when someone will get the itch to pick up a mini and race it. It's some of the most fun I've had on the track. And that includes the few outings I've had on a 600 with WERA. So I figured it was worth a shot.

Thanks a lot , Britton.

·
Wheelie Monster
471 Posts
Back to the top for ya J! This bike is fast, and the rider is even faster! The suspension is great on this bike, and the brakes are also from what I remember! Good deal if you are looking at getting into mini motorcycle racing or put some R6 race rep. looking plastics on it and you'll be the fastest/coolest person in the pits if you want to use it for a pit bike!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Conrad.

The brakes and suspension really are excellent... all bias aside.

·
Wheelie Monster
471 Posts
These are the places that I know of. I ran the R1 rep. looking bodywork on my YSR, it looked the great (see attached pic) You can get it at... http://www.ysr50.com/web/

And Team Calamari Racing has stock bodywork as well as R7 rep. bodywork (not sure if they still sale the R7 stuff but, you would have to call and ask)
http://www.teamcalamari.com/dox/prodhome.html

Also, search YSR50 on ebay and you can find R6 and other bodywork on there as well!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to see you too, Jacek. Thanks for the bump.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, GSXR G, yes I do have the stock upper. And, if your interested, I can throw in a tail that needs two very minor spots of fiberglass reapplied (I was planning on doing it anyway). As far as the lower is concerned, I might be able to dig something up.

The places that Conrad mentioned are fine for sourcing bodywork. I'll add that ysr50.com probably has the cheapest, albeit not the most durable, bodywork around. Also, National's Fiberglass makes the best bodywork I've ever seen (for both regular and mini bikes), but you'll pay for it.

·
Wheelie Monster
471 Posts
Jordan, as much as I crashed on that R1 bodywork, it seemed to hold up good! I think the frame sliders that I made helped out! But, yeah the R1 bodywork is thin and is cheap, but I think it is the best looking out there... my .02!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wasn't trying to imply that your R1 rep bodywork was bad stuff. Rather that the cost for the bodywork was relatively low at the expense of durability.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still for sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts