R6 Message Net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 520 setup on my 02R6 and I adjust the chain to the desired amount of slack. But, as the master link is going around on the rear sprocket, the chain tightens up extremely and leaves no slack in the chain and even makes a weird rubbing metal kind of sound. Is this just telling me I need a new chain? The chain is fairly new, but honestly...i slacked on the chain cleaning...so thats my stupid fault.

The chain then turns back to the amount of slack I gave it when the master link isn't on the rear sprocket....maybe just a new masterlink?

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
yup you need a new chain. your current one is shot. how new is "fairly new?"

but just as a double check, check your slack in at least 3 spots on your chain preferably equadistant around the chain, meaning don't do it right next to the other...

if they are the same you might need to loosen the chain a bit.

also if you get a new chain throw in new sprockets as well, new chain and old sprockets aren't a good combo and you'll just wear your new chain even faster.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have a new rear sprocket. Do I really need to change the front sprocket? It's a heavy duty metal one. My rear is T6 or something, but I have a new rear one ready to go on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.