R6 Message Net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I heart Photoshop
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a warning, nice cop in the Huntington Beach area...

Coulda pulled me over for rolling a red light, breaking lane on right turn, no signal...yada yada..

But just wanted to tell me that I need tail blinkers that are at least 9 inches apart.

Red or Amber, don't matter.

I just posted this because I know it is always a "debatable" subject to people, and no one really gives a solid answer that often...

I dont know about other states, but this is in CA.

and by the way...he wouldn't tell me where I could get that badass shotgun rack...

_D

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean.. I was born and raised in LA. Now I'm living in Virgina. The law are not that bad. Using trun signal is not required!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
LOL - me thinks the nice cop my have been yanking your chain a little. The vehicle code says the front turn signals can be either white or amber and the rear can be red or amber. They can be mounted no lower than 15 inches from the ground and must be visible from a distance of 300 feet, clearly indicating your intention to turn left or right. Nothing about the distance they must be apart.

Shotgun rack????? My guys have Beemers with racks holding H&K .40 cal sub-machine guns :thumbup

·
I heart Photoshop
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5ohRedR6 said:
LOL - me thinks the nice cop my have been yanking your chain a little. The vehicle code says the front turn signals can be either white or amber and the rear can be red or amber.

Delay on this post but I just got back to reading it.

That's what I meant in my original post. That, it doesnt matter what color they are. The debatable things comes with teh intergrated taillights in california. By law, if the blinkers are not 9 inches apart, you could be cited. You might not, but it could ruin your day if some guy gets a hair up his butt.

He also stated that cage cops don't usually waste their time to pull over someone with a blinker thing, but bike cops love to do it I assume.

Just clearing that up, in case people do searchs and what not for the info. Also , it basically comes down to the fact if you are willing to just say screw it and take the "chance" or if you have bad luck, and you want to do everythgni possible NOT to get pulled over. To each his own.

Anyway, I still havent found a solution...since my high mount blocks most blinker mounts from the right side.

_D

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
No kidding AZR6. Hell here turn signals are the least of their worries you found yourself a nazi cop, look up the law if he's wrong then bring that up in court, if he's not. Pay the fine and have a good day

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I think in cali they have other shit to worry about too but if they want to bust you they will bust you for EVERYTHING.

I haven't really had many problems with az cops but I don't see them often when on the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts