R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
black is the fastest
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am turning my 2005 R6 into a stunt bike and I want to do some low speed parking lot stuff. I am thinking just to pick up a cage before i trash my bike too bad. I dont want to get race rails since i see them as pretty much worthless. I do like to lean the bike as well and i have heard alot of people scrape their cages but i am getting an R1 this summer so that will be most likely be my canyon bike.

I want some actual feedback from people who stunt
I have seen quite a few such as Freestyle Ingenuity, Powers Stuntworx, Stunt steel, Sick Innovations. I just want someone with a little experience to give me their feedback. i really dont care about price since they all run about the same

·
Registered
249 Posts
Powers are gonna be your strongest and best for lot stunting... you can scrape the sides while leaning but its pretty to lean too.... i know the guy from stuntsteel and he's pretty kool kid but i don't know much about his cages, FI cages are pretty good but i've heard a lot of complaints about them cracking around the frame where they attach and the owner not doing anything about it... those are your big name cages... there's a bunch out there FI and powers are your best bets....i know this cause i researched like crazy and then bought a powers cage...
i still have it and not the bike too if you want it let me know

·
Registered
8 Posts
Get Sick Innovations, Powers, or Tyger Shark (if u can find one). I'd stay away from FI cages if you're new to stunting. I have an SI cage on my zx6 and its strong, yet small enough for hitting the twisties and you won't have to worry banging your shins on it. I have an MXD cage on my F4i and that thing is a beast. It's kinda bulky but that things has held up to alot of falls. Good luck bro.

·
h to the izzo
301 Posts
first off dont get powers you'll have to wait months to get ur cage. the website says it will ship from 1 - 5 days of order date but that is a fucking lie.

best bet is either sick innovations or tygershark. sick innovations has good customer service. i hava cage of theirs. tygershark as lifetime warranty on there cages so u cant go wrong with that

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the FI on my 07 and it leaves plenty of clearance for twisties, unless you are a damn racer that drags your knee all the way through. For the average rider though it is fine. I have had no problems with mine cracking but it hasn't taken a big hit yet. I like it best because it's so simple to install and uninstall if you want to really get agressive on a back roads ride. Just my :2cents though.

·
black is the fastest
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone have a pic of their r6 (preffereably 03-05) with an si cage on it...i want to generally keep my fairings on if at all possible

·
black is the fastest
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did any of the rash on your case covers happen when you had the cage on or was prior too

also what section is most prone to touching...i dont want to get stranded fcking up any vital parts...ie tank and case covers

if you were to lay it to the other side would you completely demolish the can?

have you crash tested the cage yet?

im trying to figure out if i want to dedicate this as a lot bike or if i still want to make it generally streetable

thanks for the help

·
h to the izzo
301 Posts
no, all the rash on case covers were before i put the cage on.

on a good enough dump it could roll a hit the gas take or handlebars. when you get the sliders that come out of the end of the cage that helps with keep it from coming over onto the tank some.

ur can doesnt really hit

i tested it. few smalls drops in parking lot and looping a wheelie at 60mph

·
black is the fastest
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks a ton man i just joined that forum about a week ago or so
didnt realize it was a midwest forum...im out of washington but i might check it out just for some info

i will check out endless performance and see what he can do for me

1 - 20 of 28 Posts