R6 Message Net banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've recently purchased a bike from salvage yard with no keys or title. Not supposed to b on the road sold for parts kinda deal. But the bike is like brand new Yamaha r6 2008 for 100 bucks. Crazy deal and honest deal. So I still need to b able to start it to put it on a go cart frame.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It takes a 100 OHM, 1/2 WATT, 5% tolerance resistor from Radioshack. They come in a pack of 6 I believe for 99 cents. Radioshack part number is 271-1108. The resistor sends a resisted current to the CDI or ECU letting the bike generate fire. Without the resistor the bike will turn over but no fuel pump and no spark. I wish I felt comfortable telling you how to hotwire a bike, whether it's yours or not. This should get you started in the right direction. You can find the wiring diagram on www.repairmanualclub.com/ but they only allow you 3 downloads for free so make sure you have the right one.
Thankyou fine man.......Time to repo at Thunder1 house about a bike with a really fast motor in it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll have what Ringo has.....

Look fuckers ..turn the Xbox off cuz my 2002 yzf r6 doesn't have the red key discombobulated ecu/bcm/ ai/ system like you youngins got. What wires got the uh...resist voltage thingy...uh......resistor? !! in between it. Don't be pulling my leg cuzt i got to make this thing pass the smoke test.!...then I know it still works.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts