R6 Message Net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
never bought brand new before, not quite sure how it works

i know deposit is required, but can i do it anytime?

for instance, in my situation:

i wont be getting the bike until after May, and that means a deposit/payment won't be put on it until May/June
does that matter? or does it HAVE to be now?

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
Nope, you can slap down your money anytime you want. Just make sure they have a bike in stock when you make the deposit.

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2K5Adam said:
Nope, you can slap down your money anytime you want. Just make sure they have a bike in stock when you make the deposit.
if they dont have one in stock... theyll get one for me? or i gotta wait till one comes in

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
When you put down your $$, just ask them when they will have another one. If a close dealership nearby has one, they can do a dealer transfer and get you that one. If there isnt one nearby, they will order one for you.

·
Eli, please ban winter
5,768 Posts
I never had to put a deposit down for my bike in 03, just was first on their call list. :shrug This was a smaller dealer though that was Harely 1st, Honda 2nd and Yam 3rd. Might just want to ask them before you start writing checks.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Damn dude there is nothing like that new bike smell...when I got my 6 there was 1km on the odo.

I am so in debt it's not funny but it's so worth it :)

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2K5Adam said:
Im guessing you're going for an 06 R6? or did you choose an 06 R6-S?
the 06 R6

ill be taking FAST before i get the bike, and choose the R6 as my riding bike.... if anything happens that i cant handle it,or dont like it, ill get something else (600RR)

but right now that was the most comfortable out of the ones i was interested in (gsxr 600/750, 600rr, and sv650)

did anyone catch the Daytona Triumph 675? what a nice bike!!! and only 11 Gs!!!

unfortunately they wouldnt let me sit on it :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mr. Azim said:
if they dont have one in stock... theyll get one for me? or i gotta wait till one comes in
Maybe, that's all down to how many favors the dealership can pull. I talked to the people that I used to work with in the business and in southeast Michigan, its going to be impossible to get the bike with the number of deposites they have. Put you money on one as soon as you can but let them know what the situation is and get it in writing so they don't sell it out from under you and push you onto something else.

2K5Adam said:
When you put down your $$, just ask them when they will have another one. If a close dealership nearby has one, they can do a dealer transfer and get you that one. If there isnt one nearby, they will order one for you.
If this was a Honda, you could do that, but not with Yamaha, (which explains why Hondas are worthless). Yamaha orders for bikes had to be submitted within two weeks after the dealer show in September. The biggest dealer here go eight of them - eight! They sell more bikes than any other dealership in the North Central region and they were only allocated eight bikes.

If you want this bike, put money on it as soon as you can otherwise you migh tnot get one. It's business and it didn't matter what anyone said until they show the money.

·
Registered
886 Posts
the daytona.. is way too expensive for what ur getting 11grand is crazy for a 675 ..

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
2K5Adam said:
^ You have to remember he's in Canada. His $11k CAD is like $9500 USD..
;)

and yes, of course safety is #1

pending waht bike/color, ill be getting brand new gear, new 2 piece suit, boots and helmet

no more low balling for me
friend of mine went down this past summer, wearing helmet, jeans, no name leather jacket, and hiking boots

result: broken ankle, broken shoulder, 2 bruised ribs

so what i comprehend, limited factory production made... so bikes can be "sold out"?
if anything, i'll wait till the 07... then rub it in your faces :p!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts