R6 Message Net banner

brand of stock rims

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  The Resident Plarp 
#1 ·
what company makes our stock rims? i know my F4i has enkei stock rims... who makes yamaha's rims?

#8 ·
Odds are yamaha doesn't make tires.

Or brake pads.

Or piston rings.

Or carbs.

Or...............

Would it suprise ya to have another company making wheels?

#10 ·
The wheels, like most OEM's, are probably made by Brembo but I have nothing to substantiate the data for the Yamaha. Aprilia, Suzuki, Kawasaki & Ducati are a few manufacturers that have relied on Brembo for their OE wheels both in the past and currently.

#11 ·
The Resident Plarp said:
The wheels, like most OEM's, are probably made by Brembo but I have nothing to substantiate the data for the Yamaha. Aprilia, Suzuki, Kawasaki & Ducati are a few manufacturers that have relied on Brembo for their OE wheels both in the past and currently.
Brembo fo the wheels? You sure?

#12 ·
Hmm yeah Brembo????

Well it's not as stupid of a question as people are making it out to be. I doubt most know that 95% of the wheels made for ATVs, utility vehicles and golf carts are all made by Kawasaki in Nebraska. As for our wheels I'd say Yamaha does have the machinery to make them themselves as they use the same process for the frames and all the manufacturers are trying to go lighter, so they wouldn't want to be sharing ideas and technology on their wheels.

#13 ·
FrkyMnky1487 said:
Brembo fo the wheels? You sure?
Yes, Brembo makes OEM wheels. I am postive. If I don't know the answer, I don't respond. If I'm asked directly, and I don't know the answer, I'll say "I don't know."

I'm here to learn things about the bike and also to help where I can when I'm sure I know the answer(s). Otherwise, I shut the fuck up. :D

Cheers

#15 ·
yeah it was just a simple question... not dumb at all. its a shame that some people who posted were complete fucking idiots to not even think of other manuf. possibilities. like i said, ENKEI makes the Honda rims... i just was curious if brembo, enkei, or another manuf. made our yamaha rims.

who makes the 747 jet? Boeing.... um no! think about it... the parts come from China and russia. Boeing builds the jets. :thumbup

#16 ·
Hey man, the engines on the 777 are made by Royles Royce.

I asked some more knowledgable types with regards to who Brembo is a supplier for and I was told they also make Yamaha's wheels. Honda, being Honda, would employ anyone other than whoever most of the OE's use for their supplies, hence Enkei.

#17 ·
The Resident Plarp said:
Hey man, the engines on the 777 are made by Royles Royce.

I asked some more knowledgable types with regards to who Brembo is a supplier for and I was told they also make Yamaha's wheels. Honda, being Honda, would employ anyone other than whoever most of the OE's use for their supplies, hence Enkei.
There any mark on the stock wheels showin they are made by brembo?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.