R6 Message Net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got a quick question....its been killing me.

1. I switched to the S/S lines and put new pads on the rear, i bled the brakes out and when i was testing it out, I hit the brake and the tire kept on spinning (had bike on stand), like the piston in the caliper didn't compress the pads fully. I do have pressure in the pedal, and I have bled this thing God knows how many times. Only getting fluid out. You guys have any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
How many times have you pumped it?

Is there any fluid leaking around either banjo bolt?

This is only happeneing on the rear?

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
piston is prolly sidways..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well went out and got a MityVac....when i hook the line up to the bleeder, even before i crack it, fluid is comming out of it, and when i crack it, air seems to rush around the threads. Think it could be a bad bleeder screw?

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
avaccani said:
Well went out and got a MityVac....when i hook the line up to the bleeder, even before i crack it, fluid is comming out of it, and when i crack it, air seems to rush around the threads. Think it could be a bad bleeder screw?

The air around the threads is common when using the vacuum tool. The fluid flow without cracking the bleed screw loose is not. Its either the bleed screw or the caliper where the screw seats. If your lucky, maybe some grit in the caliper keeping the bleeder from seating all the way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll give the teflon tape a try...I just didn't understand how the fluid was comming out of the bleeder with it tightend down. Thankfully its the winter and I'm not in a huge rush to ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts