R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
long story short...graduate mmi in orlando, driving home to nova, tahoe packed full inside plus trailer towing bike, poorly installed aftermarket flowmaster dual exhaust out rear + weighed down truck = broken rear brake line. sounds scary right... figure out i should pull off and try to find a place that will fix it. finally do. walk around back to unload trailer...
anybody guess next part???
brake fluid all over my bike for who knows exaclty how long. told guy to fix truck(2day job of course), spend the next 2 days washing bike and praying no damage was done. results... some faint splatter marks on the silver r6 sticker on front cowling.
SSSHHHEEEEWWWW

·
She actually bought it!
1,301 Posts
yea lucky, brake fluid likes to eat through paint

·
She actually bought it!
1,301 Posts
aar0ncee said:
not as bad as people thing it does tho.
maybe so but still pretty badly

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
you grad. MMI?....lucky....i think people think to much of the brake fluid myth...but it can hurt your paint..but not disinigrate it like the story is told.

·
Shes back!!
4,797 Posts
I had some brake fluid on my plastic parts. It was on it for a while, so I couldnt get it off with water/soap etc. I used some WD-40 on it, and it came right off.

·
She actually bought it!
1,301 Posts
my ram air covers were pretty ugly after it ate the color off.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
ptirmal said:
my ram air covers were pretty ugly after it ate the color off.

all u had to do was put a rag over any areas that might have a risk of getting the brake fluid on... problem solved, while doing a bleed or a line install... cmon now.
:thumbdown

·
She actually bought it!
1,301 Posts
aar0ncee said:
all u had to do was put a rag over any areas that might have a risk of getting the brake fluid on... problem solved, while doing a bleed or a line install... cmon now.
:thumbdown
I did, all it seemed to do was soak up the brake fluid and let the ram air covers be soaked in it :thumbdown

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
ochlocracy said:
I've seen it eat the paint off of a triple tree after a few min. Rims, plastics, have always been ok.
got a bit on my rim while doing SS lines on the r1...

2 days later i found it and wiped it off... bling bling no problems :thumbup

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
ptirmal said:
I did, all it seemed to do was soak up the brake fluid and let the ram air covers be soaked in it :thumbdown

geez man, how did you get that much on there? i didnt spill a drop, sept for down on the calipers.

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
ochlocracy said:
I've seen it eat the paint off of a triple tree after a few min. Rims, plastics, have always been ok.
Same here.. Couldnt figure out why it didnt fuck up the plastics and everything else.

·
She actually bought it!
1,301 Posts
aar0ncee said:
geez man, how did you get that much on there? i didnt spill a drop, sept for down on the calipers.
i had to bleed my master cyliner because it snapped off =/...

·
'06 50th Anniversary
902 Posts
R6AJ said:
I had some brake fluid on my plastic parts. It was on it for a while, so I couldnt get it off with water/soap etc. I used some WD-40 on it, and it came right off.
WD-40 = God in a Bottle :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts