R6 Message Net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a full two brothers exhaust for my 07 and also bought a servo eliminator plug; havent yet bought a juice box but soon will...do i need to buy block off plates?? ive never installed a full exhaust before so any help would be apprecaited...Thanks

·
oh yeah
733 Posts
um, its called experience and an understanding of air/ fuel ratios. 15 years certified automotive experience and almost 20 years on a bike

It's not a MUST for the bike to run, it's not even a must to reduce backfiring BUT
If he wants to STOP the back firing he needs to eliminate the fresh air charge. It can be tuned out to a certain extent (usually by causing the engine to run too lean) but will not be eliminated without removing the air injection system. pockets of air mix with unburned fuel in the exhaust resulting in an explosion..backfiring. By reducing the oxygen level ,post combustion, you greatly reduce the chance of backfiring on decel or hard accel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
um, its called experience and an understanding of air/ fuel ratios. 15 years certified automotive experience and almost 20 years on a bike

It's not a MUST for the bike to run, it's not even a must to reduce backfiring BUT
If he wants to STOP the back firing he needs to eliminate the fresh air charge. It can be tuned out to a certain extent (usually by causing the engine to run too lean) but will not be eliminated without removing the air injection system. pockets of air mix with unburned fuel in the exhaust resulting in an explosion..backfiring. By reducing the oxygen level ,post combustion, you greatly reduce the chance of backfiring on decel or hard accel.
Get em dub!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts