R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I am Jack's Doctor
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were 2 blocks from her house after going shopping the day after thanksgiving, we had ridden about 4 hours.

So i cross this dip that always has water running through it, and the back tire got wet. I started turning left to get to my girl's street and we lowsided going about 10 mph. As if someone just yanked the bike from under us. I never thought it would happen. We were going so slow that the bike fell on top of both of us (mainly on my left knee) and we got pinned to the asphalt with our left leggs. I turn back and ask her if she's allright...she's freaking out saying how her leg is pinned and can't get out. I got out how ever i could and picked up the tail so she could get her leg out and get up. Traffic stopped both ways and we weren't in any real danger. She went to the sidewalk and i picked up the bike and got it out of the way of traffic.

So i go and hugg her and she starts crying in my arms. I keep asking her if she's allright and she starts yelling at me on how it's my fault and she hates me and my love for motorcycles. I left her at her house still pissed and told her how she wasn't being fair and she was displacing her anger on me.

Saw her later that evening and explained how i would never want anything to harm her...she was calm and told me she understood but that she would never get on the bike again because if something serious were to happen to her, she would never forgive me...

I asked her to please try to get on the bike at least once more to relinquish her fear...

She's fine, only some road rash on her left knee and she slightly sprained her left ankle. I want her to keep riding with me.

How should i go about this? Ash, you stunt, i imagine you've crashed a couple of times...help needed...thanks!

·
I rock Superman's socks!
460 Posts
How long have you guys been together?? IDK. When I first met my ex, I woulda killed him if he'd crashed with me on the bike, but then again, he did stupid shit on the bike all the time, lol.

Just don't push her into it. How often does she ride with you? You're gonna have to wait till she's ready to get back on. Good luck.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sorry to hear this, man. That is one of my worst fears. Glad to hear the two of you were alright, though.

PanchoR6 said:
but that she would never get on the bike again because if something serious were to happen to her, she would never forgive me...
She has to understand that accidents happen. It isn't nor would it be your fault if something happened (unless you were riding like an idiot which it sounds like you weren't). She needs to make the decision, like we all do, if what she gets out of riding with you is worth more than the risk of being hurt or worse.

It is a tough one but hopefully she'll decide to ride with you again...

·
Tochos
997 Posts
Whoa,,,sorry to hear you guys fell down Pancho, glad your ok though. Hope it all turns out good, I mean your gf riding again.

·
I am Jack's Doctor
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PerfectMistake said:
How long have you guys been together??
How often does she ride with you?
We've been together for about a year and a half....
We ride often, at least once a week...but she doesn't really like it, she does it 'cause i like her to do it.

brassballs1979 said:
well, at least your both okay for the most part. were you wearing gear?
Yeah man, both of us were wearing helmet/gloves/jacket/boots and jeans. I rarely let her ride with me with anything less than that.

·
kaneda!
6,424 Posts
that sucks man.

its not fair that she blames you for it. its not like you were show boating.

dating you comes with the territory of riding bikes. if she doesn't like it.. then its her loss.

·
Captain Awesome
1,999 Posts
its gonna be up to her to ride with you again. dont try to force it on her. cause then she probably wont enjoy it and if something DOES actually happen (i'm bein realistic here) you will never be able to forgive yourself.

i have never pushed anyone to get on my bike for this reason. in fact i almost do everything i can to discourage them from it. In fact, before they get on my bike for the first time i tell them to assess if they trust me with their life. cause thats EXACTLY what they are doing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
+1

In fact, I prefer to leave my seat at the house cause, when I have a passenger, I am always thinking about what "COULD" happen, which takes my attention away from the road.

Really, it sucks, but if she likes it, she will come around again, if she truely doesn’t, get her into really fast cars :D that’s what I did. My wife is intrigued with the bike, but prefers her Turbo.

·
Registered
481 Posts
im glad you two are alright. you know, its her choice, dont make her do anything she doesnt want to. if she doesnt want to ride dont push it, just let her know the option is open. accidents happen. she knew what could happen when she swung her leg over that bike in the first place.

ive fallen off the bike while dusty was still going. totally my fault, i knew, he knew, everyone knew it. but, dusty felt horrible and he didnt want me to get back on the back of it but i did.

and it sounds like the way she handled the situation was very poorly. she shouldnt have blamed you and started yelling. accidents happen and bikes arent safe. period.

bottom line, if she doesnt want to get back on DONT make her. good luck trying to get her back on with you though.

·
I am Jack's Doctor
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ash said:
and it sounds like the way she handled the situation was very poorly. she shouldnt have blamed you and started yelling.
yeah she accepted it after a while, she's sorry for freaking out on me like that. I told her i'd seek some female opinions today here on the board. She was surprised and interested.

Like Dusty, i felt horrible when we fell, but i knew it wasn't my fault, when i felt the back tire slip i immediately thought of her and hoping nothing would happen. It looked and sounded much worse than what it was, which is probably why she got so scared.

Thanks for the advice guys, i'm not gonna say anything until she brings it up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
See, this is the reason I'm considering putting an OEM cowl on the back seat and telling Karri if she wants to ride, she can buy herself a Corbin seat or something, because until she shows me she -really- wants to accept the risks with me, I don't want her anywhere near it.

·
aka The O'Reilly Factor
1,595 Posts
tetsuo said:
that sucks man.

its not fair that she blames you for it. its not like you were show boating.

dating you comes with the territory of riding bikes. if she doesn't like it.. then its her loss.
+1

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Atleast that is a down ass girl. My girl wont even sit on my bike.
Glad you are ok. Man so many people going down. My riding buddy looped it the other day. Hes ok but..... his bike ......... not really.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
r6dink said:
its gonna be up to her to ride with you again. dont try to force it on her. cause then she probably wont enjoy it and if something DOES actually happen (i'm bein realistic here) you will never be able to forgive yourself.

i have never pushed anyone to get on my bike for this reason. in fact i almost do everything i can to discourage them from it. In fact, before they get on my bike for the first time i tell them to assess if they trust me with their life. cause thats EXACTLY what they are doing.
+1

That sucks, Pancho. It's understandable that you want her to ride, and it's ok to let her know you do, but it's her choice. Give her some time. In your defense, she chose to get on the bike and should have known the potential hazards.

You're doing the right thing by understanding and being there for her.

·
Registered
989 Posts
to bad. i feel for you cause with my ex it took so long for her to want to ride with me. Mainly because she was scared.

but after she did she loved it. i hope she gives it another try.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts