R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bike won't start/ neutral indicator light does not light up

:sick While installing remote start alarm on my 2005 r6 is when this situation occured. Everthing seems to be working fine you can here the fuel pump come on, the speedometer comes on, the tail lights come on , but i do not have a neutral light i have tried to start with the side stand up, with the clutch lever pulled in still nothing please help????!!!!!?????!!!!!!????? I have replaced the starter circuit cut-off relay still did not help:sick

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did replace the starter curcuit cut off relay but how do you check the neutral safety switch

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
unscrew it. Make sure it is plugged into the harness :myfault with the key in the on position and the bike in neutral press the little button. If the N light doesn't light up, follow the light blue wire to the big black relay box and make sure there isn't a problem with that.
I don't see why the N sensor would go bad because of a remote start but people around here say you can just ground the neutral sensor wire and you should be fine.

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
well I would assume that would be a temporary fix. You could :shrug although this has not worked for me because I haven't tried it.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Yh8mE said:
could i not just ground the wire?
Yeah, just ground the wire... then when you remote start the bike in gear it will take off and smash a big hole in your garage wall... :lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
well when you ground the wire you see the neutral light come on for like 1/2 a second and then the display cuts off until you take the wire from ground

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thrak said:
Yeah, just ground the wire... then when you remote start the bike in gear it will take off and smash a big hole in your garage wall... :lol

I am not stupid i am just trying to see what i need to replace:arguematc

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Firetire said:
unscrew it. Make sure it is plugged into the harness :myfault with the key in the on position and the bike in neutral press the little button. If the N light doesn't light up, follow the light blue wire to the big black relay box and make sure there isn't a problem with that.
I don't see why the N sensor would go bad because of a remote start but people around here say you can just ground the neutral sensor wire and you should be fine.

I tried pressing the little button still nothing????!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?:sick

·
Banned
2,209 Posts
Take off the remote start and put everything back to the way it was. BAM. everything is fixed. You shouldnt put remote start on a bike. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
crossing any kind of wire to the ignition, call it a safety device for someone trying to hotwire your bike...by just cutting the wires to the igntions and touching them..

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
when you have the bike on drop it into first (with the stand up of coarse) pull in the clutch about half way any try to roll the bike. this should engage the gear box pushin it into neutral

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
hesaves0211 said:
when you have the bike on drop it into first (with the stand up of coarse) pull in the clutch about half way any try to roll the bike. this should engage the gear box pushin it into neutral
isnt that push starting it? even if it did start, which im guessing it wont, as soon as he went to shift back into neutal it would die..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2K5Adam said:
Take off the remote start and put everything back to the way it was. BAM. everything is fixed. You shouldnt put remote start on a bike. :thumbup

i have already taken off the remote start . + i will put remote start on a lawn mower if i had the time!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Faster Integra said:
you poped your neutal safety switch, just ground the wire running to it..or i have one for sale if your bike is a 99-02

I tried grounding the neutral safety switch but when i did the display went off like i took the key out and when i ungrounded it it was like i just turn the key on:sick

1 - 20 of 39 Posts