R6 Message Net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know im a noobie on here but... I have a 2007 R6s. Recently got into an accident where I high sided, the bike slid on its side... Everything was fine with it afterwards it started right up and was ridable.... It is now 3 weeks later and I'm riding on the highway by my house and the check engine light comes on. So I figured if I shut it off and turn it back on the check engine light will go off. Obviously it didnt because the bike would not start afterwards. I checked the battery and the power terminal was really really loose.. I tightened it up , had to jump start it and then rode it around the block a few times, the check engine light shut of , then popped back on. I shut it off again went to start it , completely dead. It jump starts runs but the battery doesnt hold the charge... HELP ~~~~ PLEASE~~~!!!!:bowdown

·
Registered
20 Posts
What about the negative battery cable? Have you tried putting it on a trickle charger yet. If you are trying to charge the battery by driving the bike, you will need to drive the bike around for at least 30-45 min at a good speed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's possible that it could be the stator. Which side did you go down on, left or right? If there is a problem with the stator, then you would not charge your battery by driving your bike. Check all the wires going into the stator cover and see if any of them are messed up.

Get a trickle charger, and charge the battery over night. Then the bike should start normally the next day. Once started, take the bike on an extended ride. After riding it for about an hour, shut it off and let it sit for a few minutes. Then try to crank it like normal. If the battery is dead, then you have a problem with your charging system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tried that already

I bought a brand new battery, hooked it up , it started right up. And I had it tested to see if its charging, and its only charging at 12.7 volts , not 14 volts. I went down on the left side. But I didnt really go down that hard considering the speed I was going. I was doing about 90 before I jammed the brakes and i dont remember if I tapped the car infront of me of i just highsided from the bike fishtailing out on me. But the bike itself on the left side is in really really good condition. I rode it for about 3 days before I had this problem. If all else fails I'm just gonna bring it to a shop by my house

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok, so you verified that the bike is only putting out 12.7v while running? What rpm was the test done at? This is definitely low. Even at idle the bike should be putting out 14v. Have you checked the regultor/rectifier? Sounds like it is either bad, or not working properly. Check it to make sure the wires are correctly attached and not damaged.

It sounds like the stator and rotor are charging, but not the right amount. Which would lead you to the regulator/rectifier. Check all the wires from the reg/rec, stator/rotor, and battery. Wiggle the connector clips as well. may just be a bad connection. You should still invest in a cheap trickle charger. They are only about 20 bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.