R6 Message Net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left my bike in the rain for no more than a couple hours but im having major horsepower problems. Sounds like it does when I get water in my intake in my jeep but the r6 is puttering like a m.f. and horsepower and tourque are way down. What could be some obvious problems/solutions?

·
Registered
155 Posts
wow.. I took mine to work one day and later that afternoon it stormed pretty bad.. My bike sat out there and I rode it home in the rain.. No probs at all... Check your plug wires/coils, airbox, intake etc...

·
Registered
166 Posts
wow.. I took mine to work one day and later that afternoon it stormed pretty bad.. My bike sat out there and I rode it home in the rain.. No probs at all... Check your plug wires/coils, airbox, intake etc...
Try Riding in the UK!! It ALWAYS rains! LOL!
Did 130 miles in heavy rain last Thursday no Problems, except for cleaning and polishing takes twice as long!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any chance the gas cap is not sealed tight and water got in the gas ???? I had that happen on a R1 after a bad storm in Georiga !!
JzJzz

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry forgot to tell you what I did....got some Seafoam gas additive. Added to the tank per label. I also replace the seal...

Good luck.. JzJzz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.