R6 Message Net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am interested in selling my 01 R6 and have posted it on a couple of forums. Is there anywhere else that I should be listing the bike? I was thinking of trying ebay if it doesn't sell in a couple of weeks.

Also how do I handle things like:

*shipping
*letting people test ride it (this makes me VERY nervous)
*accepting payment (cashiers check only?)

Is there anything else I should be thinking of or doing? I've never sold a car or bike before so I'm a bit green here.

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought my bike on ebay... I drove from NY to OH to get it. Had cash in hand and bought it only after a test drive.

Most people will say that bought is responsible for shipping, takes the work off of you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
id say no test rides unless you have their cash in your hand and post on craigslist in a few different areas, have a few good pics and have a reasonable price compared to similar bikes. definately be patient it is still early in some places the weather is just getting nice now in about two or three weeks alot of people will be looking for bikes, but you have to remember its a 01 so people arent gonna wanna pay more than like 3000 even if its in great condition unless you have a lot done to it..sorry im just rambling tho good luck with the sale

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello,

I am interested in selling my 01 R6 and have posted it on a couple of forums. Is there anywhere else that I should be listing the bike? I was thinking of trying ebay if it doesn't sell in a couple of weeks.

Also how do I handle things like:

*shipping
*letting people test ride it (this makes me VERY nervous)
*accepting payment (cashiers check only?)

Is there anything else I should be thinking of or doing? I've never sold a car or bike before so I'm a bit green here.

Thanks,

Kevin
Do except the cashiers check i mean it looks like there is no way its a scam but ppl still do the fake ones, my brother in law sold his bike and the guy payed him cashiers check well he did give him the bike he put the check in the account and the money seemed went through but then in the week he got the call from the bank they told him his check was a scam. the good thing he had a feeling about it

·
Self-Proclaimed Noob
274 Posts
I bought my bike on ebay... I drove from NY to OH to get it. Had cash in hand and bought it only after a test drive.

Most people will say that bought is responsible for shipping, takes the work off of you.
bought mine on eBay as well (actually, found on ebay, but it was local so i bought it outside of eBay).

But if you look at the prices they're going for on there, it seems pretty apparent you're going to get at least KBB value for the bike if not more potentially. Gotta love selling in prime season, unless you're one of my two friends looking to buy now who want to pay what I did back in November :thumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts