R6 Message Net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Garage Queen R6
1,801 Posts
Hard to answer since it depends on what the bike is used for. if you want to keep maximum MPG, then stick with the stock gearing. If you want max acceleration without being a real wheel whore, then 15/50. If you just want a little bit of power and your stock chain is still fine, then look around for a 15T front in a 532 pitch. It will only cost you under $30.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am also interested in this mod so I will help throw in a few questions....

How much more acceleration does the 15/50 give you? Will I be able to pick up the front a lot faster/easier?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Got it, so more like 15/45 is better for me? Thanks for clearing that up. anyone know for sure what the stock specs are on the sprockets on the 08 R6? I did not find anything in the manual or the shop manual.

·
Registered
92 Posts
IF you need a Good Track Accelaration kit kit for your R6 i'll recomend stay close to stock as much as possible.. cuz your bike is gear and tuned to stock.. and every mod you do there is always and advantage and disadvantage... if you need a goo accelaration on a the exit of a turn.. i would recomember.. to keep the stock Rear sprocket tooth count to the same and just go -1 on the front ... this will accelarate a little bit faster you'll probably lose between 5 to 10 mph on top speed... but still if your looking for a good accelaration on exit .. this is much more easier and good for your bike when it come to rev... i have a vortex 520 accelaration kit -1 on the front with RK chain and its rated for a 1000cc bike... and i have it for my R6 ... its lither than stock..if you have more budget on your hand then the D.I.D chain would be the one you want good luck

·
To the Track Stat!!!
1,473 Posts
I've done the 16/50(+2 rear only) on my 03 and have been very pleased w/the results. I tried the 15/50 at the track, and loved the outright acceleration, but was find that type of gear too short for the tracks I frequent.

·
enjoyyoself
146 Posts
I know the 06-07 r6 is 16/45 stock I am assuming the 08 is the same

1 - 9 of 9 Posts