R6 Message Net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
scouse twat
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the best place for the proper R6 stickers/stripes as I have dented my tank getting the bike out of the garage?
It'll need filling and respraying so I might as well get the rear seat unit done at the same time, as the paint's worn off a bit.

Does anyone know whether you can get them from Yamaha or not?

Cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
Get the original ones from Yamaha if you want good quality. There are not many people doing aftermarket sticker sets. I'm busy desiging bike sticker sets but will keep clear of doing replacements for original striping as there is too many to make it worthwile.

·
England's Finest...
718 Posts
Hi cooperate, I would be cautious about buying replica stickers unless you can be assured of their quality. I dropped my bike ages ago and bought a replica Yamaha sticker (the big one thats runs along the lower edge of the bottom fairing) from a graphics stand at the British round of the MotoGP . To be fair the quality of the sticker was okay but the sizing was slightly off. I never had to use the sticker in the end because I got away without painting the fairing but to be honest because you can only view one side of the bike at once you wouldn't really have noticed the difference in the stickers anyway. basically my point is, if you are concerned about your bike looking like it has never been damaged then get genuine Yamaha graphics. If you are not too bothered just get some quality reproductions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, here are two more options. I have an 05 R6, and I'm going to be doing the Go! bike graphics kit on my bike. There are two companies that I looked into. www.alloutgraphics.com. They seem like a pretty cool company, except I don't think they're kits are complete. For instance, the Go! graphics I believe are around $100, but it doesn't include every single stripe and whatnot that's on Rossi's bike. The other company that I found, which is the one I'm going with is at www.redracingparts.com It's an italian company, and they're kits seem pretty much complete. The cost is about $190 for the kit, but it includes everything even down to Rossi's "the doctor" sticker, according to the site. My friend and I are ordering the kit at the same time. He's doing the movistar kit for his CBR. I can keep you updated when I get it, as to the quality and timeliness of receiving this stuff. At least check out the sites, and let me know what you think. Later.

·
scouse twat
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help everyone. I'll probably get some from Yamaha as I want the bike back to exactly the way it was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts