R6 Message Net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't find a definitive thread on where to get a replacement battery for cheap for my 2006 r6. Well, Autozone has one for $65.

But one better, Wal-Mart has on for $45! They are both a little taller than stock, but it does fit. Seem stronger too.

·
Registered
315 Posts
are those glass mat batteries?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I couldn't find a definitive thread on where to get a replacement battery for cheap for my 2006 r6. Well, Autozone has one for $65.

But one better, Wal-Mart has on for $45! They are both a little taller than stock, but it does fit. Seem stronger too.
wal-mart batteries are cheaper because they use "rebuilt" batteries ... according to an advance auto near my house.

either way, doesn't make much difference to me lol.

but i'm sure the new battery seems stronger ...because you replaced a dead one :handclap :)

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which battery is it?! Make? Model #? :confused:
I don't remember. Just carry your old battery in and it matches exact at the base dimensions. However the WalMart battery is a little taller- but it will fit though. And it was like $45. Not counting the core charge. That should narrow it down for you.:thumbup

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't remember. Just carry your old battery in and it matches exact at the base dimensions. However the WalMart battery is a little taller- but it will fit though. And it was like $45. Not counting the core charge. That should narrow it down for you.:thumbup
I brought my battery in to two different autozone's and they didn't have it. They did a search for my bike (06 R6) and the only one that came up was the OEM battery for $150!!

If you could give me the make and model number that would be great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts