R6 Message Net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my question

Is there a better (FASTER) way to make .GIF animations than what I've been doing??? What I've been doing thus far is based off of limited direction + a little self-teaching" . This is how I currently have done them...

Let's see.... I REALLY think I'm doin' 'em the long and hard way, but it's all I've learned so far, so.......

1. Record video.

2. Compile it and/or edit it the way you want it to look as a .gif file using Windows Movie Maker - just like 6-8seconds long.

3. Go frame by frame and save as an individual picture file (1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg....etc. usually about 150 or so frames) :snooz :thumbdown This is the time consuming part.

4. Use a free .GIF animator program like "ulead" to "animate" the frames together (this program can be downloaded for free from the ulead website of 15 days of use) This is time consuming too if you have to make the final file smaller in order to get it hosted.

I've also used pics first in place of recording video (obvious from my avatar...)

All I have at my disposal are Paint Shop Pro 6, Windows Movie Maker, and the Ulead gif animator (at least for 12 more days before I have to download the free one again....)

Any help or insight on this would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I saw something like that as one of the options on there... But I don't know how to use it.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Its super easy if you could get the movie into quicktime format and into Imageready... let me know if you can get it and i'll tell you how to do it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I'm listening.... How would I go about gettin' the movie into quicktime format? And where can I get a FREE copy of imageready?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts