R6 Message Net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Com on now, if you got one how is it, do you like it? I know Mladin wears em, but he is an Aussie doesnt matter if his brains get scrambled jk! The kinda look like a cross between an Arai, and a Suomy except they are a bunch cheaper. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

·
2008 Triumph 675
7,056 Posts
If it doesn't have a BSI or ECE 22-05 rating, I won't wear it. Anyone can get a DOT rating. I'm sure a hockey helmet could get a DOT rating. And as I recall the latest version of the "highend" KBC helmet didn't pass SNELL testing in sizes small and medium. (Or maybe it was HJC, can't recall off the top of my head.)

Edit: Not saying anything regarding KBC or HJC specifically, good or bad, just that whatever helmet you get, make sure it is BSI and ECE rated.

·
kid in a sandbox
1,752 Posts
i have a vr2 and i love it, but i am probably going to get a suomy only because i believe it to be more safe. i love the shape and feel of it on my head and ventilation is pretty good. the size of the helmet itself is bigger than most, but that doesn't bother me too much. also, the mouth area is bigger than an arai, suomy, or shoei, and resembles that of a ti-tech agv. it's a very confortable helmet and fits me pretty well. i got it mainly cuz it's a cheaper helmet, i got a discount on top of that, i didn't have a bike yet, and used it for the safety course. now that i have some extra money, i'm gonna go for the better quality and safer helmets. afterall, it's your head your talking about.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a VR1. It meets all the major standards (DOT/SNELL/BSI/ECE), is comfortable, safe, and relatively inexpensive. I don't subscribe to the more $$ must mean better philosophy. I've owned many helmet brands over the years including Arai and Shoei, and realize the KBC is a fine helmet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the assassin vr2 and it held up quite well when I smacked the front into the pavement during my lowside at the track. I'll post a pic

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
i had a KBC once

My first helmet was a KBC TK-V that was cheap. It fit good for about 1 season then got real loose. It was very heavy, noisey, and shook a lot in the wind. i didnt outgrow it the pads on the inside just wouldent fit anymore.

i wear a shoei now i got discount online. the KBC will be ok for a while for the money you save but dont trust it. It was snell and DOT rated but thank god i never needed to test that. The weight of the thing alone probaly would of snapped my neck.

i still have it laying around for occasonal passengers.
If u have it the brand called HJC they are comparable in price but made better all around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts