R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
Yep just slap some tape over it. I have seen guys use skateboard grip tape there.

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
Yep, same shit.. If i were you, id put some grip tape like what is used on skateboards.

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
Thrak said:
Why do you guys say use grip tape?

I dont want my boot sticking/grinding on the swingarm...
It did the best job, for me, at not grindin through again, and also it kinda helped as it gave me something to hook my heal into..

BTW, you gona come 2night?

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
I've worn places in my swing arm with Sidi's, but are not as bad

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think it depends on the size of your foot too. My swingarm looked five times worse than that, but my buddy's bike is barely touched like your swingarm. Difference being, I wear a size 15 tennis shoe and he wears a size 10.5 tennis shoe. But either way, your shit is getting jacked yo!

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
FrkyMnky1487 said:
It did the best job, for me, at not grindin through again, and also it kinda helped as it gave me something to hook my heal into..

BTW, you gona come 2night?

Why would you want to hook your heel on it? Your swingarm needs to move when you're leaned over too ya know...

*pm

·
kaneda!
6,424 Posts
when i had my 03 r6 happens quite often.. tried to use a black permenant market.. but that only last for 2 days.

.. i dont think it happens on the r1 at all.. .at least not yet on my r1, just on the r6. it gives the bike character.

·
I will not eat cat poop!
4,370 Posts
Thrak said:
Why do you guys say use grip tape?

I dont want my boot sticking/grinding on the swingarm...
Agreed.

I would hate it if my heel was up against the swingarm and the suspension was going up and down with my foot moving with it.

Just live with it. It's a sign that you're actually riding the bike like you should. :thumbup

1 - 20 of 35 Posts