R6 Message Net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard anything new about the 06 GSXR750? I sold the R6 a few weeks ago and I've got my mind set on getting the new 750.
Of course I've seen all the pics that our out there but I'm dieing to read some sportbike mag reviews or see some videos of that bike. Anyone seen some of the good stuff?
I've been lurking gixxer.com this last month, but that site seriously bites. :p

·
Registered
361 Posts
It's a bike that will kick your R6 all over the place if you know how to ride it. I'm not a big fan of the design- it's exactly like the '05 GSXR 1000 but with slightly different graphics.

Otherwise that bike has been great for a long time, they just made slight improvements this year but it's still probably the best street bike you can buy. Other than the looks you won't be missing your R6 at all.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
BattousaiR6 said:
Anyone heard anything new about the 06 GSXR750? I sold the R6 a few weeks ago and I've got my mind set on getting the new 750.
Of course I've seen all the pics that our out there but I'm dieing to read some sportbike mag reviews or see some videos of that bike. Anyone seen some of the good stuff?
I've been lurking gixxer.com this last month, but that site seriously bites. :p
So you sold your R6 without even learning about the 750 first? :umm

·
11B on a K5
309 Posts
I would go all out and get the 1000, It feels lighter, smaller, and easier to handle IMO. R6 is still the #1 600 in my book and I am shopping around for a R6 for the track.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
j13jjs said:
I would go all out and get the 1000, It feels lighter, smaller, and easier to handle IMO. R6 is still the #1 600 in my book and I am shopping around for a R6 for the track.
1000k5 is too much for the track. You won't be able to use all it's power and will end up riding slower times. I'd rather have the 750. It's got the handling of a 600 and usable power almost equal to a 1000

The 750 wil be the perfect track tool, I figure.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
^^^:lol

To be honest, I was looking for a 750 first. But, got such a helluva deal on my k5, I couldn't pass it. My boss has a 05 750 which I ride from time to time, and though it's flickable, it's no where near the power of the k5. But, it'll be sweet at the track and can't wait to see what the 06' 750 can do.

1000k5 is too much for the track. You won't be able to use all it's power and will end up riding slower times.
This is true with many riders, but with a such a meaty and SMOOTH power band, and handling that was better than my r6, it's more confidence inspiring than anything else when I took it out at jennings. It's a 600 with a liter motor is the best way I can descibe it.

·
11B on a K5
309 Posts
drtymex said:
^^^:lol

To be honest, I was looking for a 750 first. But, got such a helluva deal on my k5, I couldn't pass it. My boss has a 05 750 which I ride from time to time, and though it's flickable, it's no where near the power of the k5. But, it'll be sweet at the track and can't wait to see what the 06' 750 can do.

This is true with many riders, but with a such a meaty and SMOOTH power band, and handling that was better than my r6, it's more confidence inspiring than anything else when I took it out at jennings. It's a 600 with a liter motor is the best way I can descibe it.

+1 on all of that.

Its a great bike. I was actually looking for an R1 at the time of purchase but got a killer deal on my K5 so I went with that. Haven't regreted any part of it.

·
a.k.a LiquidR1
1,178 Posts
i bet yami goes all out on the r1 in 07.

·
Registered
332 Posts
liquidr6 said:
i bet yami goes all out on the r1 in 07.

I hope they do cause if they dont I will be getting a K5. The R1 seems bulky compared to my 6. I want more power but i dont want to give up my small agile bike

·
Registered
124 Posts
I know that the 750 has the same frame as the 600 so you don't get the bulkiness as if you went up to a 1000. It also has a more linear power curve. My buddy bought the 05 750 up from an R6 last year and he loves it and says he won't go back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts