R6 Message Net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new Vortex 15 front and 48 rear and a DID chain. Now it's makin this loud ass annoying noise. Can i fix that? I fit the front sprocket in so that the bigger lip was to the outside.

·
Registered
42 Posts
trubluR6 said:
I just installed a new Vortex 15 front and 48 rear and a DID chain. Now it's makin this loud ass annoying noise. Can i fix that? I fit the front sprocket in so that the bigger lip was to the outside.
try searching for this b/c i remember seeing a sticky about this. There is some sort of vibration damper on the front sprocket to alleve this??

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
I cant find it...it was a sticky on the old board but long story short there in no rubber isolator on the aftermarket sproket like the stock one so it is going to give you a whining sound. MIne gets pretty loud at times but then sometimes you can even hear it. To keep it at a minimum, make sure your back tire is as straight as can be. Use a measuring tape and not the marks on the swing arm to make sure. I will look for that old thread later

ok so its later...this has the link to another good thread in it also

http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1029&highlight=sprocket

·
Registered
4 Posts
the front sprocket is now smaller if you’re doing -1 compared to the OEM sprocket , this changes the angle of the chain. so now the front part of the chain rubs / wears harshly against the upper hard plastic chain runner. this will be the really loud whining nose. the front sprocket will make more noise compared to the OEM which has the rubber damping either side. also obviously too tight would have make it noisy. but i did this conversation last week and the noise is louder than my race can with no baffles which is ridiculous. today i took a look at the chain runner and clearly you can see its contacting / wearing on the front of the upper runner (see pic). so i used a flexible dremel tool to get in there and cut it away. problem solved. (you can even see where the chain lube is gathering due to it contacting harshly and its worn down..) thats explains the very loud whining noise.
Automotive tire Eyelash Wood Tread Automotive design

Automotive exterior Tints and shades Wood Auto part Bumper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts