R6 Message Net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all do anyone use Series 2000 Synthetic 20W-50 Racing Oil on R6 2008 or any motor bike b4?

I know my fren use it on they car, but they haven use on bike. Cos they dun have a bike... lolx... Some of my fren use MOTUL oil on they're bike, but not AMSOIL...

So can anyone help me on this. Cos need to know what engine oil good for bike..

Cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
Pretty much the oil is the blood of your bike you put the wrong thing or even change brand every oil cahange can hurt your engine in the lon run.. what is for car is for car and what is for bike is for bike.. you should know that from the moment you bought your bike... car doen't rev like a motorcyle.. so the oil viscosity is different.... go to a bike store.. ask those parts guys about oil the diferrence.. ( most of them think they know it ) since you have and 08 R6 if your thinking of a MOTUL get the Double ester its kinda pricy but the pricer its get teh better it is.. on some things.. os a reagular Motul 3000 which is cheaper.... then the double ester.. or just get the Original YAMAHA LUbE thats safer... GOOD luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As what i know is that both oil are good, both car and bike have more or less same in the engine. I'm think tat racing car oil are using for high rpm, so it can be use on bike. But dunno how it will on bike?

·
Registered
92 Posts
well if your insisting then .. you won't know untill you try right?! how much would it cause you using the racing car oil?? well theres this one oil.. that use only when i go to track... its really loose and smooth... MOBIL1 for motorcycle... its cheap and really good... most of the guys i ride with on the track use it... buy it at Wal-Mart its cheaper from $8-9 on a bike store and about $2-3 somthing at Wal-Mart... to me Bike oil is for Bike.. Car is For Car..... Good Luck!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I check out the oil your looking for 2000 Synthetic 20W-50 Racing Oil you could try it...and if OK for motorcycle then use it... ask the people who makes it... they give you the final answer... it have to do with viscosities level for car and motorcycle and the chemicals they put in it is totaly different from each other... well it say's on its infor about this oil its good for any vehicle.. vehicle???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i find out myself also, the oil use in the bike have limit after that have to change away. I think i will use Motul 5100 ESTER for normal use, when gg track then use a better wan... like 300V 4T FACTORY LINE 15W50... I also ask a my uncle fren, he also said not to use that oil on my bike....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well good choice then.. thats good .. its a little bit pricy it couse a bout $50-60 for a gallon.. just think about this every 3 gallons you buy you get a free oil change... if you buy it in quarts you'll be spending more its about $13-15 a quart for that oil... i use it pretty much every oil change.. its its good for 3 track days... good choice!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Why would you run TRO 20W-50 ? Why a 20W-50 to begin with ?

AMSOL MCF 10W-40 is the recommended oil for your bike.

If you insist on running 20W-50, the proper oil would be MCV.

The MCF/MCV oils have the proper additives for your MotorCycle. They have a JASO MA 2 rating where the TRO does not, They also have an 11.2 TBN, specific additives for clutch and transmission and Anti-Rust and Corrosion Inhibitors.

Not only is TRO Not Recommended for your application, you have no warranty from AMSOIL if an oil related failure should ensue.

Bob Schultz

·
brand n00b!
21 Posts
i have a 2000. the service manual recommends either 10W/30 or 20W/40. due to the fact that i live in california, i am more likely to see ambient temps above 90 degrees rather than see them below 40 degrees. would the recommendation be to go with the 10W-40 or the 20W-50?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi all do anyone use Series 2000 Synthetic 20W-50 Racing Oil on R6 2008 or any motor bike b4?

I know my fren use it on they car, but they haven use on bike. Cos they dun have a bike... lolx... Some of my fren use MOTUL oil on they're bike, but not AMSOIL...

So can anyone help me on this. Cos need to know what engine oil good for bike..

Cheers
Yes, I can help.... NO, Do Not Use It !!!

It is not designed for use in a Motorcycle... 20W-50 is not recommended for your bike.. 10W-40 is the recommended oil.

You must have found someone wanting to dump some old inventory. That oil hasn't been produced in almost a year..

AMSOIL MCF 10W-40 and the AMSOIL EAOM-103 Filter.

We sell at Dealer Cost to Forum members...

Bob

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have a 2000. the service manual recommends either 10W/30 or 20W/40. due to the fact that i live in california, i am more likely to see ambient temps above 90 degrees rather than see them below 40 degrees. would the recommendation be to go with the 10W-40 or the 20W-50?
The new R-6's are recommending 10W-40.. They must have had to buy ntoo many engines on the 10W-30

See our G-2156 Link in our Sig.. Pic one of the top 3 finishers in the 40 weight category and you will be happy..

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts