R6 Message Net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
get rid of spies and Mladin and the rest is pretty tight....would look more like world SBK...buch of guys with in 1 second of each other after the top 2

AMA Superbike Championship Presented by Parts Unlimited
Barber Motorsports Park
Birmingham, Alabama
April 19, 2008
Combined Qualifying Results:

1. Mat Mladin (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, 1:23.664
2. Ben Spies (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, 1:23.847
3. Jason DiSalvo (Yam YZF-R1), Dunlop, 1:25.047
4. Eric Bostrom (Yam YZF-R1), Dunlop, 1:25.106
5. Tommy Hayden (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, 1:25.154
6. Neil Hodgson (Hon CBR1000RR), Dunlop, 1:25.524
7. Jamie Hacking (Kaw ZX-10R), Dunlop, 1:25.529
8. Aaron Yates (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, 1:25.544
9. Roger Hayden (Kaw ZX-10R), Dunlop, 1:26.351, crash
10. Geoff May (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, 1:26.447*
11. Miguel Duhamel (Hon CBR1000RR), Dunlop, 1:26.554
12. Matt Lynn (Hon CBR1000RR), Dunlop, 1:26.713
13. Chris Peris (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, 1:27.381*
14. Jordan Szoke (Kaw ZX-10R), Pirelli, 1:27.648*
15. Robertino Pietri (Suz GSX-R1000), Pirelli, 1:27.759*, crash
16. Ben Thompson (Suz GSX-R1000), Dunlop, 1:27.953
17. Chris Ulrich (Suz GSX-R1000), Pirelli, 1:28.115*
18. Brett McCormick (Kaw ZX-10R), Pirelli, 1:28.233*
19. Taylor Knapp (Suz GSX-R1000), Pirelli, 1:28.688*
20. Ryan Elleby (Suz GSX-R1000), Pirelli, 1;28.848*

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
i think its more of get rid of the factory suzuki's.... you can put any of the top riders on those bikes and they will have close to the same results

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's gone way past "ridiculous". The races have not been worth watching for a couple of years now. If both riders finish crash free 1-2 is a given.

I think the proposed changes will ruin the sport in the US, but I also think the way things are is doing the same thing. Catch-22

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think its more of get rid of the factory suzuki's.... you can put any of the top riders on those bikes and they will have close to the same results
I dunno...Hayden and Yates couldnt seem to get it done like the other 2

·
Gossamer has MOJO!!!
15,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
really?

I was talking about when yates raced for yosh...and I though Hayden would have the same equipment since he is on the same team?

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
really?

I was talking about when yates raced for yosh...and I though Hayden would have the same equipment since he is on the same team?
i dont know all the articles i have read about the bike and most things i hear say even though they are on the same team yates and hayden did not have the same bike. While its labled as a factory bike its more of a factory supported bike. spies and mladin get the newest full factory bikes....

·
Shameless Rossifumi
1,337 Posts
I was also under the impression that the 3rd Yosh (Rockstar Makita Whatever) was not a full-spec factory bike like Spies/Mladin. I mean honestly - what 3rd bike in a team ever is?

I think the Suzuki is the best bike and I think Spies/Mladin are the best riders, but I still don't think that combination should mean 1 sec per lap. I mean c'mon, it's been a while since the 1000's rolled onto the scene - there should be at least one other factory who should be able to run with them (Honda??) It doesn't add up.

The crap that DMG is proposing is just that. Something obviously needs to happen but not reinventing the wheel. Ditch Superstock, Ditch FX, and go with the tried and true Superbike/Supersport lineup. Get all the factories involved in both classes - get Ducati back in the US - and in the coming years bring Aprillia and BMW's new Superbikes in with ya.

Make it so that the factory teams win but ensure that strong satellite presence for rider development and for those teams to be able to run with the factories every couple races.

Right now Supersport IMO is awesome. Even though Yamaha is emerging as the powerhouse, no one's winning by 17 seconds, and the close-racing and last-lap, last-corner passes are the excitement everyone is looking for.

·
Hi , How are ya
3,512 Posts
^^ Thats weird cause I have been hearing the oppisite, woudl be intersting to know if thats the case or not.
I mean the 2 guys can ride no doubt, But going back to Big D orginal stament if they were gone it would be very intersting.

I just find it hard to believe that those bikes are that much better than everyone elses, I mean 2 freakin seconds damnnn

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
^^ Thats weird cause I have been hearing the oppisite, woudl be intersting to know if thats the case or not.
I mean the 2 guys can ride no doubt, But going back to Big D orginal stament if they were gone it would be very intersting.

I just find it hard to believe that those bikes are that much better than everyone elses, I mean 2 freakin seconds damnnn
thats the point. if the rockstar suzuki guys were all on the same bikes then i would expect them to be somewhat close in times. but the time difference is just night and day. there is no way they have the same bikes

·
Registered
616 Posts
so years ago when val was pulling away from everyone else was he on a different bike(honda days)? did he have better tires then everyone else? i mean come on i see where you guys are coming from but if thats the issue dont you think over YEARS of domination then tech woulda found something?
just give it up to the two guys and move on! yes its boring to watch the mat and ben show but let it go! either stop watching it or shut up

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
so years ago when val was pulling away from everyone else was he on a different bike(honda days)? did he have better tires then everyone else? i mean come on i see where you guys are coming from but if thats the issue dont you think over YEARS of domination then tech woulda found something?
just give it up to the two guys and move on! yes its boring to watch the mat and ben show but let it go! either stop watching it or shut up
yes rossi was on a different bike. he always had the newest evolution and all the newest parts before anyone else. not saying he didnt have a huge hand in dominating so much. but his bike was better then the rest.

·
Registered
361 Posts
like someone said the 1000's has been out and running at the superbike for a while now. If you drop the top two riders it would get interesting but the level of the championship goes down. I mean come on dont blame suzuki, mat, and ben. Blame the other factory teams and riders that dont get it done.I'm happy that factory yamaha are able to link up with the WSBK yamaha and dial their bike better but is it up to par with the suzuki? Are their riders up to par with suzuki? Honda has tons of money and have some of the smartest and top engineers working at HRC.

I dont see why suzuki, mat,and ben are at fault here for simply being fast and winning. i mean isnt that the point of racing, to be competitive and win every race?

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
well it seems they are all on the same bike. This is straight from the horses mouth. I met this guy as we have the same car and are on the same forum...

"as for parts on the rockstar team.....all the same....I know its hard to believe but yes tommy gets all the same parts.....maladin and spies are the first to test new parts before tommy.but if parts are good then they all use them.....that question has always been floating around this team... my position as of this year is mostly chassie....I've been a 600ss motor builder for yates,crevier,tommy,spies....then did 1000 superstock motors last year with spies....kind of an all around guy..engines,chassis........love my job....been doing it for 11years now"

·
Zer0
224 Posts
The other guys need to pick up the pace or we need some new talent. AMA

·
Zer0
224 Posts
Suzuki is not that dominate in WSBK, so it must riders and there lack of development ability.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts