R6 Message Net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, what is the best online shop to buy Alipinestars and Dainese gear from?

What are your thoughts on 1 piece suits around the £600 mark from both manufacturers?

Cheers

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i will go and try before i buy :) I've seen an Alpinestars 1 piece GPU online for only £445 brand new i think thats pretty damn good. Or an SX1 for £635.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Dainese are availabe from Bikestop in Stevenage and Alpinestars from Hideout near Saffron Walden, so maybe both close enough to visit.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mk4racing said:
Dainese are availabe from Bikestop in Stevenage and Alpinestars from Hideout near Saffron Walden, so maybe both close enough to visit.
Thanks, yeah i have been to both before :) I think bikestop has a very good Dainese selection but it's been so long since i have been there so i'll take a look this weekend. Do you live near?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Both myself and the wife have experienced some heavy crashes this year in Dainese gear. I highsided at around 80ish, the wife lowside at around 90 and another around the same speed.

My crash the suit took a lot of the impact and I needed new panels in the arms as they had torn through but did the job, I am not 100% confident they would take another crash but I am starting to outgrow them so I will replace this year at some time.

The wifes lowside they held up well but became very, very thin in places and needed to re-enforced in the back area as well as a new leg panel as they had split. She then crashed again a couple of months later and they are now not worth repairing as they have split in various places.

Would I buy another one, probably not as I have mentioned this but for £750 you can get a made to measure from the likes of crowtree and the quality is second to none.

·
Registered
162 Posts
R6rossi said:
Thanks, yeah i have been to both before :) I think bikestop has a very good Dainese selection but it's been so long since i have been there so i'll take a look this weekend. Do you live near?
Yep, Letchworth.

Also as Speedymad said - have a look at custom made ones from someone like Crowtree or Hideout. My Dainese sets were both ok in crashes but not great. I've also been through a couple of sets of Hein Gericke and they stood up well, easily as good as the Dainese and a lot cheaper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts