R6 Message Net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an agv ti-tech and was looking to get a suomy spec-r1. How would they compare as far as fit. Some people say that a agv is more for an oval shaped head, and per say a shoei is for a person with a round head. What would a suomy compare to? Basically would and agv medium fit like a suomy medium?

Thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
jasonmic said:
I have an agv ti-tech and was looking to get a suomy spec-r1. How would they compare as far as fit. Some people say that a agv is more for an oval shaped head, and per say a shoei is for a person with a round head. What would a suomy compare to? Basically would and agv medium fit like a suomy medium?

Thanks
I really don't know too much about Suomy, but I'd like to clear a few things up about the Ti-Tech and AGV.

The Ti-Tech fits tighter compared to the rest of the helmets in the AGV product line. Reason being because it is considered strictly a track/racing helmet. I have both an AGV X-R2 and Ti-Tech. My X-R2 is a large, but my Ti-Tech is an XL. So for those of you who currently wear an AGV and are looking to possibly upgrade to a Ti-Tech, I would recommend bumping up one size.

The nice thing about the Ti-Tech (and most of the helmets in the AGV product line) is that their full face helmets have removable/interchangeable liners, which means you can simply call up AGV and we'll exchange your liner for you for the appropriate size at no charge (circumstances vary - depending on shell/EPS size and the liner must be new and not used).

Also...it's the other way around...AGV is more accommodating for round-shaped heads and Shoei is more accommodating to oval-shaped heads.

·
Eli, please ban winter
5,768 Posts
Well I rock a M XR-2 right now and have found that a M Suomy fits me as well but I've never tired a small. Probably should as I thought I was a M in Arai too but found out from some super rep that I was indeed a S. You're probably best to go try one on as Suomys are pretty prevalant in dealers, unlike AGV's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. If i was going to make any comments about the ti-tech is that. The helmet doen not really fit tighter but the cheak pads are larger with make it feel tighter. In my opinion it is better that way though. Great helmet

·
Registered
172 Posts
it sounds like your ordering it online, make a trip to a local dealer and try them out. your the one whose going to be wearing it for hrs at a time. most lids are non returnable. sumony are a bit small. in general when in doubt, go with the smaller fit one

p.s. while your at the dealership, ask them if they will match the price, you might be surprised.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts