R6 Message Net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Woody Racing #409
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a pretty cool deal. found a guy on the wera board that makes subframes:

Basically I don't really need one but he's giving me 2 of them for my F4i for $200 if I let him use my stock one for measurements etc.
Looks like really good stuff. I'll use my stock one for racing (I'm assuming wera won't allow aftermarket subframes for most classes) and use the aftermarket ones for trackdays. I plan to get a newer bike in the next year or two to race and use my F4i for just trackdays (by then it won't be worth enough to bother selling)

Anyway just thought I'd share the find with ya'll
oh the site is www.enduranceengineering.com

·
Registered
504 Posts
Are there companies like this in europe?
Fairing stays and sub-frames would come in handy for those kind of prices.. i just broke mine and its around 300eur (the fairing stay)..

·
Woody Racing #409
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess ten kate only has honda stuff but there might be something like that for yamaha over there but I really don't know. You should be able to find fairing stays for a decent price and just get one with replaceable ears

·
Registered
509 Posts
I used one on my '01 GSXR race bike made by Over the Top-I think they are a canadian brand?? Anyways, they were shorter than stock and softer, so they smashed and had less leverage on the mounting bolts. It was illegal, but if you get protested for that, kick the guy in the balls for being a dumbass :) Its really more of a crashability thing than losing the weight on most bikes, but for SV's and bikes like it that have steel subframes stock you can save a fair bit of weight. They tend to be a bit pricey though, like $300 or so??

-Nick

·
I sell money
1,550 Posts
Spooner said:
I used one on my '01 GSXR race bike made by Over the Top-I think they are a canadian brand?? Anyways, they were shorter than stock and softer, so they smashed and had less leverage on the mounting bolts. It was illegal, but if you get protested for that, kick the guy in the balls for being a dumbass :) Its really more of a crashability thing than losing the weight on most bikes, but for SV's and bikes like it that have steel subframes stock you can save a fair bit of weight. They tend to be a bit pricey though, like $300 or so??

-Nick
thats its... you'd better keep your ass behind me next year or its off to the tear down you go! :firstplac

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
I have one that was made from a guy over there too. Not sure if its the same guy but I love the subframe. He welded a battery box in there so you don't need the stock plastic one.

·
Registered
509 Posts
tstruyk said:
thats its... you'd better keep your ass behind me next year or its off to the tear down you go! :firstplac

That was on my GSXR-my R6 is legal-oh and its WAY faster too :kickinnut :)

-Spoon

·
I sell money
1,550 Posts
Oh shit its on!! Your gettin put in the wall(s) at Gateway!! :wall

just dont let me beat you at your home track again... :bugeyes

my R6 is legal-oh and its WAY faster too
Faster than the 06???? maybe with you on it...maybe, gonna be a fun year tryin to hang on to all them white platers!!! whats this about JD stayin yella??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts