R6 Message Net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
kep ur right hand cranked
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get rid of the rear foot pegs so I will need to make up an exhaust bracket that will work without the foot peg. Does anyone know of one I can buy, or a pic of one so I can try to make one?

·
Registered
804 Posts
http://www.rocketbracket.com/generic0.html

this is the 1 I got. Fits perfectly and was exactly what I wanted. Its already powdercoated black for you. Be warned though..... when you order this..... you will have to either go to loews/home depot and get some nuts because since this hanger is a lot thinner than the stock.... you will need the nuts to screw onto the stock bolts. In total I need 3 nuts. 2 for connecting the hanger to the body of the bike and 1 for connecting the exhaust to the hanger.

·
Eli, please ban winter
5,768 Posts
+1 for the rocket bracket. It's cheap, does it job and looks good to boot. It's no Akra CF hanger but eh. Yeah and I needed a few bolts and nuts, etc. but that's no big deal

·
Registered
129 Posts
sorry to bring this dead thread back, but any one know what's the size of the extra 3 nuts i'll be needed for the rocket bracket?
it's for a 03 r6.
thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yea I just ordered a rocket bracket and need to know the 3 bolt sizes also

·
#1 member
2,807 Posts
just bring the bolt from the factory foot pegs with you to the store and just find a nut that fits on it. you need 2 nuts to fit the factory bolts and then you may need something for the hanger. thats if you dont have something laying around already. the factory hanger bolt works but is not threaded all the way to the head. so you need a spacer. thats why I just found a different one.
and make sure you get the teflon insert nuts so you know they will stay on for years to come

1 - 9 of 9 Posts