R6 Message Net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've become comfortable enough to ride out first gear on one, but when it comes to shifting in to second I've no clue how to transition throtle and clutch for the switch. If anyone can please shed some light on technique That would be awsome! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I would suggest that you now practice on 2nd gear and try to ride that one out before you attempt to wheelie through gears. 2nd gear is probably all you really need. Try to wheelie and slow it down.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
if your "riding out" first gear then your wheelies are garbage.. the higher the wheelie, the slower you go. once u hold your speed u are at Balance point. if u hit balance point you are da man. do you want to be "da man" or sir squidly rev limiter wheelie whore?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
first gear sucks for wheelies. Use second to practice then once you get the hang of that, use third......so much smoother. I wouldn't attempt shifting , just bring it up in a gear you want to ride it in. it's all practice .....timing is key

·
Registered
519 Posts
Learn to wheelie properly first and learn to pop it up in 2nd.

Too many newbies are always trying to shift just so they can ride them out longer.

·
Registered
989 Posts
another vote for 2nd gear. it is all you need for the most part.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
when i used to switch gears, i'd just feel it. i'd get it to the point where you would normally shift if you had both tires on the ground, then barely cut the throttle for a second and at the same time pick my foot up off the peg and pop the shifter up. then back on the throttle. sometimes it would be smooth, sometimes choppy, and then alot of the time neutral. it really isn't a great idea, but if you want to go for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts