R6 Message Net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i got the acumen dg8 with the plug-n-play from the group buy a while back...i finally got to installing it, using blueblurs how-to (thanks blueblur, it helped a lot:thumbup ) but when i get down to programming it, the hole in the back of the indicator is sealed...so i cant put that key in it like it says in the directions...so i took it for a ride and did the 2k to 4k in first for a little bit like it said to do, but it just reads 1st gear and neutral only and then an 8 for everything else...:wtf ...i unplugged everything and replugged...cant get it...am i missing something here (i also did a search, cant find anything on a problem like this) any help would be very well appreciated...thanks guys!!!

·
^s Own The Messagenet
1,123 Posts
Where's the How-to? It would help me alot.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
What do you mean its sealed? Is the hole there at all?

You need to program it before it will pick up anything.

Did you try to put the little pin in there anyway and it just doesn't pick up?

If you take a pic of it, it might help.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, the little hole is sealed up in the back of the indicator, i dont know if there's a difference between the plug-n-play version or the direct wire, besides the end having the plug on it, but i accidentially got sent an additional direct wire unit (i sent it back!) but it had the hole in the back...when i get back to my garage, i'll take a pic and get it up later tonight...thanks for your how-to by the way, IT HELPED A LOT!!!:worship

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Glad it helped you out. If you can't get it figured out give them a call tomorrow and they should let you know what you need to do. Worst case you'll have to send it back and get a new one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts