R6 Message Net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my 99 R6 is completely lifeless. I went for a ride yesterday and during the ride the speedo started to act erratic. While cruising at a constant speed it would jump from 20mph to 90 and everything in between, also the gas light came on and my trip odometer was cleared. Today i decided to pull the tank and make sure all the connections were plugged in tight, everything looked fine. I go to start it up and suddenly there is absolutely no power when i turn the ignition on, no lights, no indication of life. I volt metered the battery and it is fine, checked the ignition fuse and again just fine, checked the battery ground and it seemed alright too. Any insight would be great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a suggestion, if the OHM load is bad on the battery it will not start the bike. try taking the battery in some where and getting it tested. you might need to check the stator motor as well as the solenoid.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just in case anyone was interested or has the same problem in the future, it ended up being a bad ground. While the ground wire appeared to be mounted snug after re-seating it everything is back to normal, speedo works too! *knock on wood*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts