R6 Message Net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wanting to ask if anyone has made this conversion & since I am new to area of my bike what is the difference in having more or less teeth on the sprocket? Any help would be appreciated as this is a cheap upgrade with huge potential for a 07 r6's acceleration. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
295 Posts
on this bike you'll love it.

The 06/07 and even the 08's are not built for the streets. The midrange on those bikes are non-existent. It hard to get power/torque when you want out of these bikes on the street.

When I use to use my current race bike on the street. I had the -1/+2 and it felt good, but then again...you're consistently around 8-9k rpms. Which gets annoying after awhile. I think the best CHEAP upgrade is to go -1 first and see how you like it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on this bike you'll love it.

The 06/07 and even the 08's are not built for the streets. The midrange on those bikes are non-existent. It hard to get power/torque when you want out of these bikes on the street.

When I use to use my current race bike on the street. I had the -1/+2 and it felt good, but then again...you're consistently around 8-9k rpms. Which gets annoying after awhile. I think the best CHEAP upgrade is to go -1 first and see how you like it.
Thanks Madchild,
Hey when you are talking about the -1 +2... What exactly are you talking about!?

·
Registered
99 Posts
when someone says -1/+1 it means going down one tooth on the front sprocket and going up one tooth on the rear wheel sprocket. I am also trying to make the swap and I think I will try -1 first up front and see how it goes then increase the rear if I need to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.