R6 Message Net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i just bought a 2009 R6 and i had no clue that a R6S was ever a thing but from the pictures ive seen i believe that mine is a R6S i will put a picture on here and if it is them can yall tell me all the differences because i really cant find much information about it online

·
Registered
2008 R6 S
4 Posts
Have you tried doing a VIN check? I found the one I was looking at to purchase was an R6S when I did the VIN check.

·
Registered
2008 R6 S
4 Posts
Motor vehicle office or carfax.com if you're in the USA or carfax.ca in Canada. It does cost $, but it is worth it when buying a used machine. It gives you some history, the status of the vehicle as well as year, make and model and I believe, the number of previous owners. If it is an R6S (does look the same as my R6S) it will show under model, that's how I found out the one I purchased was an R6S.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried doing a VIN check? I found the one I was looking at to purchase was an R6S when I did the VIN check.
ok well update i laid it down in a corner earlier today and it is indeed a r6s but would you happen to know where i could get the exact fairings that are on it because after i wrecked it the man that lives across the road helped me get it out of the ditch and then i rode it home and stripped all the fairings off of it and it didnt even mess with the tank so i dont want to have to repaint the tank so i just want to buy the same fairings and cant find them

·
Registered
2008 R6 S
4 Posts
ok well update i laid it down in a corner earlier today and it is indeed a r6s but would you happen to know where i could get the exact fairings that are on it because after i wrecked it the man that lives across the road helped me get it out of the ditch and then i rode it home and stripped all the fairings off of it and it didnt even mess with the tank so i dont want to have to repaint the tank so i just want to buy the same fairings and cant find them
Yeah, I've been searching for a match for my bike and can't find them anywhere. Sorry, can't help you there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I've been searching for a match for my bike and can't find them anywhere. Sorry, can't help you there.
i bought some off of this mad hornets website so i guess ill let you know how they are they’re the closest match i could find

1 - 10 of 10 Posts