R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R6 Project Leader Makoto Shimamoto talked about the possibility of Traction control on the R6 in the new Motorcyclist magazine. "This is a strong possibility for the future-- we already have this program in the engine-management system, so it would need only sensors to be fitted to access it.":bugeyes

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Waytofastvette said:
what would be the advantage to this ?

More acceleration out of the corner because the tire isnt spinning as much...

I doubt he was talking about putting this on the street bike.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ignition would retard (reduce power) slightly to counter the rear wheel spinning, and he was talking about the streetbike...If it's going to be on a Supersport race bike...it has to be on the street bike

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why did this get moved to the racing thread??...this is about the 2006 R6 STREET bike and possibly the 2007 R6 STREETBIKE please move it back to the R6 General forum

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
jself24 said:
why did this get moved to the racing thread??...this is about the 2006 R6 STREET bike and possibly the 2007 R6 STREETBIKE please move it back to the R6 General forum

Well, your post was vague, no supporting links.. how am I supposed to know he's talking about a street bike??

Traction control is a race function... but moving it back just for you.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Man:thumbup

·
Eli, please ban winter
5,768 Posts
Sounds interesting to me! Wonder if this is something to be found on the 2007 R1 as well? (That is if it's all new like it seems it will be.)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just like ABS brakes in cars, or Honda's linked brake system....it's perceived to be a saftey improvement. I could see where it might help a real ham fist from hurting themselves, but I agree that anything that takes the control and feel away from the rider is not such a good thing.

I've never been a fan of ABS or traction control in cars either. Not sure I'd want my bike to have it either.

·
Registered
171 Posts
traction control has been on motogp bikes and superbikes for a few years now. I imagine that it will eventually trickle down to street bikes, just like the slipper clutch.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
its so you dont have such a hard time getting it up the mountian to go snowboarding... DAH! havent you tried it on the non-traction control bikes?

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
MotoGP uses traction control, technically its a variable traction control which would allow the rider to spin it up to an extent. I think any safety feature like this should have a disable mode, because personally, I don't want traction control. I'm sure it's great and will probably save my ass but then again, I'd rather have my fate in my THINKING hands rather than in a computer looking at 1's and 0's.

·
Eli, please ban winter
5,768 Posts
halcyon026 said:
its so you dont have such a hard time getting it up the mountian to go snowboarding... DAH! havent you tried it on the non-traction control bikes?
Now that would be awesome...:lol

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
Is there going to be a new model in 07? what is it going to look like? What will its top speed be? Will it wheelie better? will it have a 250 series rear tire? What exhaust will sound best on my 07? Will it be fast? :lol :rollin :spit :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts