R6 Message Net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 YZFR6 does not want to start after sitting in the sun any where from 10 or more minutes. The problem started 6 months after purchasing the bike. Only way to start the bike is if I full throttle the bike when starting. Which barely gets it going. If it is parked in the shade it starts okay. I have just replaced the battery with a new one. Problem still exists. Does anyone have this happening to their bike? The repair shop is not helping me much.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi,
They are like this from new, there was a post about it on here somewhere. Don't use the throttle, just the starter button, crank for a few seconds, stop and try again if it doesn't catch. This is caused by the heat evaporating the fuel in the second fuel rail in the airbox.
You'll find it will do it if you get the motor hot then stop for gas for 10 mins then try firing it up.
Frustrating I know , but ye canne change the laws of physics, capt'n ;)
The other thing to do is cycle the ignition 2 or 3 times to run the pump, which will purge the vapour out of the fuel rail.
Cheers,
Gavin :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.