R6 Message Net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had a ticking noise coming from my bike for over a year now. Every time I take it for service I'm told it's perfectly normal. Whatever. Well it hadn't been getting any worse until the past couple of weeks it's been getting faster and louder. A couple days ago it went from a distinguished "TICK...TICK...TICK" to a sound similar to a bicycle chain when you stop pedaling. Today it was closer to a buzz. Also the bike started vibrating a lot... Today's ride was just plain uncomfortable... the vibrations went up my arms and feet. The vibration stops when I hold the clutch in btw... Also it seems like its taking a lot more effort to respond to the throttle... it's not accelerating as quickly and it seems too loud. It seems hung up like when you first try to ride it before it's warmed up... I'm not sure how to describe it. I just had it in for an oil change slash whatever number inspection a few weeks ago and I don't know if they didn't even look at the bike or what but it seems to be getting worse every time I ride. What could be the problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought an 06 R6 with 5000k miles and it seems to have the same problem. I went from an 01 R6 to the 06 and I was kinda surprised at how not quicker the 06 is.

Mine vibrates like crazy as well and seems to have a hard time going past 12k RPM. I just put synthetic oil in it. The next thing I am going to do is sync the throttle bodies, I hear that helps with vibration.

I was also thinking it could be a bad spark plug but that's a stab in the dark. Anyone know how to diagnose if it is or not?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has all the same problems. I just switched to a full synthetic in hopes it would slow the ticking vibrations down. it worked well the first week. now i think its worse. If anyone has any tips I'd greatly appreciate it. The vibrations are so damn bad its unbearable not to mention about 30 min into a ride my hands and numb. thats fun! thats actualy why i got on here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts