R6 Message Net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bike started up fine this morning. drove over to meet up with some guys to go on a ride. turn the bike off and let it sit for about 20 min. get back on to leave and bike wouldnt start. when i press the ignition button it just made a tickin noise. the tach reset and i had power to the lights and the horn. had to get a rolling start. we stop to get gas 15 min later turn the bike off the fill up and the bike started up with no problems. we ride for about an hour and then stop for about 20 min for a drink, bike wouldnt start again. i get home to take my car out and put my bike away. bike sat for around 5 hours. come home to put the car in the garage, but have to move the bike first. bike started up with no problems. any idea whats going on? could it have been the 95 degree heat, but i never had a problem like that before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Battery terminals clean and making good contact? Honestly sounds like a battery problem to me, you could have enough juice to power the horns and light but not enough to turn the starter (the ticking noise you mentioned). How old is the battery? If the battery is 2 or more years old I would just replace it to eliminate that variable. I've never had a motorcycle battery last more than 3 yrs, sometimes only 2. And to me it just isn't worth the hassle so I replace them at the first sign of trouble. This may or may not be the issue but it is where I would start...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.