R6 Message Net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my 2005 R6. The bike has 6,500 miles on it right now. I bought this bike about a year ago from the original owner when it had only 2,200 miles and have really babied it since. I have put on the following parts: Yoshimura TRS carbon fiber exhaust (3 months ago), Puig double bubble wind screen (3 months ago), Yamaha red wheel stripes (2 months ago), painted the passenger pegs and front pegs and levers black to match the frame(1 month ago), flushmount front and rear signals with a fender eliminator, new Dunlop Qualifier tires (front and rear) with 1,000 miles on them, and a pro grip tank pad. It has the original tool kit and owners manual under the seat as well.

I will include all the stock parts as well. Windscreen, exhaust, turn signals. I will also included a Joe Rocket Ballistic riding set (pants, jacket and gloves all size small) which the original owner gave to me but are too small. There are worth around $400 and have never been worn.

The bike looks and runs perfect. I have changed the oil ever 1,200 miles with Yamalube brand oil and filter and have cleaned and lubed the chain at each oil change. I only feed the R6 premium 93 octane or higher gas, and it runs great as a result. The only blemish on the whole bike is the right headlight and one small sport on the fairing. It has a small crack that has been sealed up with epoxy, from bumping a shelve in my garage while pulling in that you can see in one of the pictures. Other than that there is not a ding or scratch anywhere.

The only reason I want to sell it is because I've got a sweet deal on an R1.
Asking $6500

Chad 573-220-5023

Pictures and video http://s344.photobucket.com/albums/p339/cswerner2/r6/

·
Registered
60 Posts
R6 Sticker on the windscreen

I know the bike is sold, but I just wanted to ask about the R6 sticker on the windscreen. I just put a Zero Gravity double bubble smoked windscreen on my '04, and as much as I like it, it looks like it's missing something. Something like that R6 sticker on yours would be great.

Thanx!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bryan, that isn't a sticker. It's part of the design of puig windscreens.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bike still here.

Well turns out my bike isn't sold after all. The guy was supposed to pick it up today and pay me. I was going to go buy another bike on Sunday, take the title of the new bike to the bank on Monday and get the lien release for him. Pretty easy right? Well I guess not. Because of all the fraud with cashiers checks these days it takes about a week for them to clear the account, so that didn't give me the money in time to pickup the release for him, he would have to wait, which he didn't want to do. So I asked him to go in and buy a cashiers check from my bank so the funds would be available same day. The bank wouldn't do that. Then I asked him to pay in cash, which he already said he would/could, didnt want to do that either for whatever reason. So he tells me that he doesnt want it anymore because its too much of a hassle to deal with it.

What?
I was basically doing him a favor by swapping out titles at the bank and not having to deal with a payoff. That way he could get the lien release much faster.

Anyway, my bike is still for sale.
$6250

1 - 14 of 14 Posts