R6 Message Net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know what the stock fork height is for a 2005 r6? I have Woodcraft clipons mounted below the triple clamp but the forks are flush with the top of the triple. The geometry of the bike is way off like this and I have no idea what the stock is.....can someone help me out?

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
you got PM but just for feture refrence. It's 28mm from the top of the TT where the pinch bolts are, to the top of the fork tube.

BTW Shorty your fork tubes were off... and we didn't even mess with those last time. I'll fix them for ya though. :thumbup

·
VSISAPUNKBITCH!
4,499 Posts
ochlocracy said:
you got PM but just for feture refrence. It's 28mm from the top of the TT where the pinch bolts are, to the top of the fork tube.

BTW Shorty your fork tubes were off... and we didn't even mess with those last time. I'll fix them for ya though. :thumbup
hummm....i wonder if that is why i i got a lot of head shake all the time. it could be when from when i hit that thing on the interstate....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Supa Dexta said:
I'm a bit confused by the 28mm measurement? I just got my 05 last week, it's winter so no riding it yet, but my forks are level with the top crown, is this not right? such as what is seen in this pic:

http://www.chopperscycle.com/full/2003/09-114_15-.jpg

your saying the tubes should be up thru the crowns 28mm? thereby lowering the front end that amount?

thanks!

When using the stock clipons (handlebars) the forks should be flush with the top crown. The stock cilpons bolt on the top of the triple and onto the forks which is the which is why they are flush.

I am running race clipons the bolt below the triple clamp so I am wanting to know the stock height to return the forks to there stock position.

I am sure the your bike is normal if you are using the stock clipons....

Hope that makes sense...

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
MPNX2 said:
When using the stock clipons (handlebars) the forks should be flush with the top crown. The stock cilpons bolt on the top of the triple and onto the forks which is the which is why they are flush
Hope that makes sense...
This part doesn't make sense. Do the stock clip-ons mount above or below the top clamp? If the stock clip-ons mount above the top clamp, wouldn't the top of the fork tubes be flush with the top of the clip-ons, not the top clamp?

·
VSISAPUNKBITCH!
4,499 Posts
YamRZ350 said:
This part doesn't make sense. Do the stock clip-ons mount above or below the top clamp? If the stock clip-ons mount above the top clamp, wouldn't the top of the fork tubes be flush with the top of the clip-ons, not the top clamp?
the stock clip ons mount above the tripple.

YamRZ350 said:
If the stock clip-ons mount above the top clamp, wouldn't the top of the fork tubes be flush with the top of the clip-ons, not the top clamp?
yes, you are right.....however, what he is saying is that his are mounted below the tripple, and the tripple is pushed up to the top of the fork tube...make sense now?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shortyR6 said:
the stock clip ons mount above the tripple.

yes, you are right.....however, what he is saying is that his are mounted below the tripple, and the tripple is pushed up to the top of the fork tube...make sense now?

Yes this is what I meant sorry for any confusion...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts