R6 Message Net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently picked up an 05 r6 and it kept dying on me. The battery wouldn't stay charged. I had gotten the battery tested and it came back fine. I ended up cutting roughly 2" off the rectifier wires and using connectors to plug it up. Rode for 10 hours yesterday, and then the bike completely killed on power. Lights don't work, dash won't work, ignition, etc. I checked all the fuses, the ignition fuse popped. Replaced it and still nothing. Starter relay doesn't seem to be compromised, and the relays look ok from a visual check. Picking up a voltmeter soon to start running tests. If anyone has any ideas or a wiring diagram, that would be great. My current assumption is maybe either a bad recitifier or bad ignition switch?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: The battery with key on comes back with 2v, unless I pull the 40amp fuse on the starter relay. With that pulled, it'll read 13v. Would this narrow my issue down to the starter relay? And could the starter relay cause the bike to also not have any power at the ignition switch, dash, lights, etc?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yet another update, I ended up deducing that my battery had gone bad. Borrowed a battery from a friend and now my electronics work again and the bike will crank. Unfortunately, I'm also now getting codes: er_1 and er_2. Both relate to an insufficient outgoing ecu signal. I'm beyond lost now. Bike will crank, but eventually die down. Starter relay clicks with a key turn and buzzes when it gives up on cranking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts