R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 480 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'd say yes, however, Seeing as how it's only my second year with motoGP and I'm a broke college student, I'm gonna have to pass.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm in for the league for sure and if the $$ ain't too high, I'd be in for that as well.

My suggestions; about $10 - $20 range. Not a lot, but it allows more people in and keeps it fun instead of getting too serious. Payout would be for top 3 at the end of the season.

·
Rice Rocket
3,786 Posts
how do you think this break down works?

1) 30% of ttl pot
2) 20% of ttl pot
3) 10% of ttl pot

Remaining 40% of pot goes to hooli and this board.

I think this is a good breakdown....but who's gonna handle the money and how?

·
Chegwin's mate
1,425 Posts
I'm up for it.

If there's money involved, It's a certainty that I won't even hit the top 100! :weeping

·
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
694 Posts
Dont forget to try these other 2 fantasy leagues. They are pretty cool too.

VRACE- MOTO GP

MOTO GP - Motorcycle USA Fanatasy League

The VRace you have to manage a team and purchase bikes, riders, crew, etc.

The MCUSA one just involves picking a 1st and 2nd place rider in GP and a bonus 4th place rider. No team to manage, but you can onpy pick riders a limited amount of times. They also have a AMA Fantasy league too, which is a bonus. Their prize was a pocket bike last year. Check 'em out.

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
F550 said:
how do you think this break down works?

1) 30% of ttl pot
2) 20% of ttl pot
3) 10% of ttl pot

I think this is a good breakdown....but who's gonna handle the money and how?

That sounds like a good breakdown F550.

Of course there will be another R6MN Subleague regardless of whether we are platying for money or not. I'd be willing to handle it if I am considered trustworthy enough.

But if we are gonna do it we have to get things rolling soon.

·
Chegwin's mate
1,425 Posts
AFC

If you want to handle the money, that's fine by me......so what is it? $10US? I'm assuming Paypal will be the method. Shoot me a PM when/if this comes about.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
AFC sounds like a good idea with the cash thing. Like steptoe says then payapl would be seem the ideal way to handle it.

I kind of setup the R6messagenet sub-league in motogpmanager last year and hooli stickyed a thread in here so we could chat etc etc.

I keep checking back @ motogp manager every week or so to see if the 2005 version is up yet so I can get in and create a R6messagenet league on there for people to join up to. Like last year best if people sign up on motogp manager with a user name same as on here aka fractureman

Here is where the idea of the cash bit becomes complicated, as it would be a private thing run by us on the board that the top 3 people in our sub-league get a % of the total collected we cannot control who joins the R6messagenet sub-league to those who have paid in.

As the league is run by motogp manager and not us, and I don't think they would be too happy about us using there site and running our own $ prizes but hey they wont know.

Anyways I think the 10$ entry fee say payable via paypal to AFC (if you want to look after it) is a good idea, I'll setup the R6messagenet sub-league on motogpmanager as soon as it opens.

However I would say let's not make the 10$ compulsary for joining the league (just a highly recommended option) that way if peope just want to play the league and are not bothered by the $$ side of it can play also. Last year we had people in our league who weren't on this board as anybody who signs up with motogp-manager can join any league.

But only members of the league who have paid the 10$ can be eligable to win the $ at the end of the season. We must also have a cut of date for the $ getting to whoever runs that side by a certain date so people can't just shove there 10$ in as they know they are near the top of the league.

I've learnt a lot after playing last year about how to get points and it's not by having the best riders and it was fun last year, steptoe190 who won our league did very well in the overall league last year well done steve.

Anyway guys lets see how it goes and hopefully we can get this sorted and it will add a little excitement to this years league :smilecool

·
Rice Rocket
3,786 Posts
AFC said:
That sounds like a good breakdown F550.

Of course there will be another R6MN Subleague regardless of whether we are platying for money or not. I'd be willing to handle it if I am considered trustworthy enough.

But if we are gonna do it we have to get things rolling soon.

^^ sounds good, he can handle the money, and he's a "crusty old member" anyway.....probably cant run that fast with the dough...

j.k.

·
Rice Rocket
3,786 Posts
fractureman said:
AFC sounds like a good idea with the cash thing. Like steptoe says then payapl would be seem the ideal way to handle it.

I kind of setup the R6messagenet sub-league in motogpmanager last year and hooli stickyed a thread in here so we could chat etc etc.

I keep checking back @ motogp manager every week or so to see if the 2005 version is up yet so I can get in and create a R6messagenet league on there for people to join up to. Like last year best if people sign up on motogp manager with a user name same as on here aka fractureman

Here is where the idea of the cash bit becomes complicated, as it would be a private thing run by us on the board that the top 3 people in our sub-league get a % of the total collected we cannot control who joins the R6messagenet sub-league to those who have paid in.

As the league is run by motogp manager and not us, and I don't think they would be too happy about us using there site and running our own $ prizes but hey they wont know.

Anyways I think the 10$ entry fee say payable via paypal to AFC (if you want to look after it) is a good idea, I'll setup the R6messagenet sub-league on motogpmanager as soon as it opens.

However I would say let's not make the 10$ compulsary for joining the league (just a highly recommended option) that way if peope just want to play the league and are not bothered by the $$ side of it can play also. Last year we had people in our league who weren't on this board as anybody who signs up with motogp-manager can join any league.

But only members of the league who have paid the 10$ can be eligable to win the $ at the end of the season. We must also have a cut of date for the $ getting to whoever runs that side by a certain date so people can't just shove there 10$ in as they know they are near the top of the league.

I've learnt a lot after playing last year about how to get points and it's not by having the best riders and it was fun last year, steptoe190 who won our league did very well in the overall league last year well done steve.

Anyway guys lets see how it goes and hopefully we can get this sorted and it will add a little excitement to this years league :smilecool
everything sounds good there....but i think everyone should pay $10+3% to cover the paypal costs for AFC. I know its nothing, but it'll accumulate at the end with so many entries.

i'm still sour about last season.....lol.

i was so close.....but was the first loser. I missed one race where the race weekend changed earlier and i couldn't update my team....:(

ah well, it was good times..

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Yep I suppose 10$ isn't too much for people to cough up at the start of the season, and some of it will be going back to the board at the end anyway so there's no reason why we shouldn't ask for it.

Just didn't want to make it compulsory for joining the league that's all. Well we can't make it compulsory anyway as we can't control who joins our league.

So in short as last year the sub-league will be called R6messagenet I will set this sub-league up as soon as motogpmanager2005 goes live.

I will organise a 2005 MotoGP manager's thread in here and see if Hooli will sticky it for us to chat and sort out who's payed up etc.

Everyone is encouraged to pay 10$ + 3% to AFC (if he facies handeling the money side) based on the following payout at the end of the season.

1) 30% of ttl pot
2) 20% of ttl pot
3) 10% of ttl pot

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds good guys. I appreciate the 3% consideration., I never thought of that.

So in short, while the $10 entry fee is not mandatory by any means, it will add a little spice to the action in our sub-league.

I guess it's time to start a list to guage interest:

1. AFC

·
Stonecutter
12,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
asphaltpilot said:
Count me in. Just post the pay pal account so the deposit can be made.
I think we need at least 10 enteries to even consider this worthwhile (3rd place would just break even with a $100 pot)

If we hit 10 then we'll get the pot started, sound good?

1 - 20 of 480 Posts