1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

2003 R6
30K miles. All stock.

I may have a charging issue. After hard running, the motor's idling becomes pretty erratic with rpm going up and down between 800rpm and 1500rpm and sometimes headlights flickers.

I measured the battery voltage while at 5000rpm and it reads 12.71. When idling it also reads 12.70 or 71. Figures might be different depending on the charge level of the battery but whenever I test the battery voltage, the voltage at 5000 rpm and idle were very similar.

I already have replaced R/R and stator and the battery is a little more than 500 miles old. What else could be causing this issue?

·
Registered
2007 Yamaha r6
4 Posts
Hey man, i would aim this at the rectifier or stator area, check your fuses, any connections to the battery, check the connection from the rectifier to the stator, usually it’s a bad plug or bad wire being grounded. The list goes on of what it could be , it could even be a bad spark plug but start with the rectifier and stator, turn your bike to on and check the ohms in each one then let me know, jsut keep in mind you can have the best battery, but it takes one bad rectifier to juice that shit in seconds

1 - 2 of 2 Posts